Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chain saw brakes!

I've been using chainsaws with the chain brakes for years. Ther're
quite useful for safety reasons. I actuate the brake whenever I'm not
sawing. But until a couple days ago I had never experienced a chain
brake as emergency safety device. I was sawing and I slipped and my
hand came off the saw handle and hit the brake. The chain stopped
instantly. Though my hand went past the bar without touching it if it
had the chain would have been stopped already. A real handy device and
I'm glad my saws have 'em.
Eric