Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default video of tiny 12 cylinder diesel

Friend sent this to me, and I thought some here would like it:
http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Carl Ijames" fired this volley in
:

Friend sent this to me, and I thought some here would like it:
http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine

It's wonderful work, but it appears to be a compressed-air motor, not
burning fuel.

I know a fellow who built a real, running, fuel-guzzling V8 smaller than
your palm. And... it actually runs quite well.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I wasn't sure so I figured I'd post the link and let everyone chime in on
whether it was really running or not.

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in message
. 3.70...

"Carl Ijames" fired this volley in
:

Friend sent this to me, and I thought some here would like it:
http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine

It's wonderful work, but it appears to be a compressed-air motor, not
burning fuel.

I know a fellow who built a real, running, fuel-guzzling V8 smaller than
your palm. And... it actually runs quite well.

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Carl Ijames" wrote in message
Friend sent this to me, and I thought some here would like it:
http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames

Whatever it is, it's good work. I don't think it's an actual fuel burner,
because there is not much noise or heat discoloration. My little .049
airplane engines used to have a piston about that big, and hooey, they made
a racket.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...
"Carl Ijames" fired this volley in
:

Friend sent this to me, and I thought some here would like it:
http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine

It's wonderful work, but it appears to be a compressed-air motor, not
burning fuel.

I know a fellow who built a real, running, fuel-guzzling V8 smaller than
your palm. And... it actually runs quite well.

Lloyd

My favorite: "Homemade Supercharged Miniature V8 Engine Model Running"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPH6E2HYEXI

Makes a beautiful sound!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

"Carl Ijames" fired this volley in
:

Friend sent this to me, and I thought some here would like it:
http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine

It's wonderful work, but it appears to be a compressed-air motor, not
burning fuel.

I know a fellow who built a real, running, fuel-guzzling V8 smaller than
your palm. And... it actually runs quite well.

He should put it in a chain saw. ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

When flying a 2 meter sail plane on the west coast some years ago,
a friend had a small diesel in his airplane. To many parts to stay
working very long but it sounded neat.

I think he traded the plane in a swap meet.

I remember the .049 was like - but the .015 or .017 - can't remember -
was even nerve wracking.

Martin

On 5/22/2012 6:38 PM, Steve B wrote:
"Carl wrote in message
Friend sent this to me, and I thought some here would like it:
http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames

Whatever it is, it's good work. I don't think it's an actual fuel burner,
because there is not much noise or heat discoloration. My little .049
airplane engines used to have a piston about that big, and hooey, they made
a racket.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Martin Eastburn fired this volley in
:

When flying a 2 meter sail plane on the west coast some years ago,
a friend had a small diesel in his airplane. To many parts to stay
working very long but it sounded neat.

I don't get that.

I have a nice 4-stroker in a .61 size. It's got as many parts as a
diesel, and its running life is rated in hundreds of hours at power.

None of the model engines have extremely long lives, but I've not seen a
decent brand that wasn't good for over 100 hours of useful flight time.

I hope you meant that YOU had a sailplane, and HE had a stinkpot. I'd
hate to think of putting a fuel motor on a silent-flight aircraft.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dennis wrote:
My favorite: "Homemade Supercharged Miniature V8 Engine Model Running"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPH6E2HYEXI

Makes a beautiful sound!

Cool, but I liked seeing all the parts of the V12 diesel.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt fired this volley in
:

Dennis wrote:
My favorite: "Homemade Supercharged Miniature V8 Engine Model Running"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPH6E2HYEXI

Makes a beautiful sound!

Cool, but I liked seeing all the parts of the V12 diesel.

Bob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax4cuh2UdKU

This guy, Steve Hucks, has the whole thing documented on his web site.
All the parts, all the work, and finally the test run, then a "tuned"
run.

LLoyd