Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default video of tiny 12 cylinder diesel

When flying a 2 meter sail plane on the west coast some years ago,
a friend had a small diesel in his airplane. To many parts to stay
working very long but it sounded neat.

I think he traded the plane in a swap meet.

I remember the .049 was like - but the .015 or .017 - can't remember -
was even nerve wracking.

Martin

On 5/22/2012 6:38 PM, Steve B wrote:
"Carl wrote in message
Friend sent this to me, and I thought some here would like it:
http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames

Whatever it is, it's good work. I don't think it's an actual fuel burner,
because there is not much noise or heat discoloration. My little .049
airplane engines used to have a piston about that big, and hooey, they made
a racket.

Steve