Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Removing chuck from Reed-Prentice lathe

The 3-jaw chuck has been on for at least a year. I need to change chucks.
It mounts on a taper and is drawn in and pushed off with a threaded collar.
The taper is holding tight after beating the spanner wrench for an hour with
a BFH. I even heated the collar. I'll try to get some Kroil in there but
it looks like a tough road. Any ideas from someone familiar with a RP?

Here's a pix of one like mine.
http://www.purplewave.com/cgi-bin/mn...?091006/8905/2

Reed Prentice on Craigslist (Taunton MA) $300 Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 3 August 13th 07 06:16 AM
Reed lathe -- looking for comments ni1d Metalworking 2 July 19th 07 05:32 PM
F.E. Reed Lathe shtechie Metalworking 7 November 15th 05 02:04 PM
collet drawbar -Reed Prentice Lathe J.S. Reed Metalworking 3 January 18th 05 09:49 AM
Reed Prentice 14 x 30 lathe questions hambone Metalworking 0 January 6th 05 10:10 AM