Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whoyakidding whoyakidding is offline

Default Removing chuck from Reed-Prentice lathe

On Tue, 15 May 2012 16:13:41 -0400, "Tom Gardner" wrote:

The taper is holding tight after beating the spanner wrench for an hour with
a BFH. I even heated the collar. I'll try to get some Kroil in there but
it looks like a tough road.

First put some heavy duty padding on the ways but make sure you're
wearing good quality steel toed boots just in case. Next get the BFH
and the heat source and any other tools you've used so far out of the
way. Then at a convenient predetermined time have RogerN pray the
chuck onto the padding.