Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Non-black version of "The Talk"

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:40:52 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
Speaking of which, you got me thinking about a recipe for pork
tenderloin that I haven't made for a while, so I went over to Costco
an hour or so ago and bought four pounds of it.

Rub the tenderloins with poultry or pork rub and put them in the
refrigerator for an hour. Heat your oven to 400 deg. F. Lay the
tenderloins (not pork*loin*, but tenderloin) on a cookie sheet or
very shallow baking pan; stick a meat thermometer in the thickest part
of a tenderloin, and cook until the temperature reaches 150. If you
really don't like any pinkness in pork, heat to 160. It will be better
flavored at 150 and, if you let it get over 160, you'd might as well
feed it to the dogs.

Pork tenderloins are skinny and they'll cook fast. Keep watching that
thermometer! You can ruin them in a hurry.

Delicious.

Mmmm.

Copied and saved. Thanks Ed!

--Winston

That's another one for the "ridiculously simple but really delicious"
collection. It doesn't get any easier.

BTW, tenderloin of venison, which is about the same size, can be
cooked the same way. But please, please leave it pink. It has almost
no fat and it turns into something awful beyond 150 deg. or so. Left
slightly pink (think "medium rare"), it makes me swoon.

But the venison benefits from being wrapped with bacon. The two
flavors really complement each other. Bacon doesn't do much if
anything for the pork tenderloins, however.

--
Ed Huntress