Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Liberals vs. conservatives, from the narrow perspective of a brain-dead liberal.

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 16:51:56 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
. ..

Only if we had "gasoline coupon" or GBT (gasoline benefit transfer) card
from the government.

Gasoline, like everything, would be rationed.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Here's a rationed gasoline story with a twist of faith.

God turns water into petrol:
http://wigglesworth.born-again-chris...miracles.1.htm

Can you get him do that with Jim Beam? If so, I'll do your advertising
for some of the product.

I've heard of a few times where water was turned into gasoline and other
times where an auto continued to run for hundreds of miles without any
gasoline.

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you've heard of that happening...

--
Ed Huntress

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 16:51:56 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

snip
Here's a rationed gasoline story with a twist of faith.

God turns water into petrol:
http://wigglesworth.born-again-chris...miracles.1.htm

Can you get him do that with Jim Beam? If so, I'll do your advertising
for some of the product.

The only times I've heard of miracles for profit has been from phonies.

I've heard of a few times where water was turned into gasoline and other
times where an auto continued to run for hundreds of miles without any
gasoline.

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you've heard of that happening...

--
Ed Huntress

More interesting is one of the things I haven't heard of happening. In the
Bible there were a group of people that closely fit the description of the
modern day liberal. The Sadducees didn't believe in the miraculous. In the
Bible there are stories of conversions of Pharisees, gentiles, drunks,
prostitutes, etc., but no accounts of Sadducees, a person like a modern day
liberal, ever being saved, interesting.

My ex wife, while she was my wife, received healings for all sorts of little
problems, gall bladder, wisdom teeth bothering her, and other things that
she was having problems with, after prayer, no more problems. Then she lost
interest in God and before divorcing me she claimed God never did nothing
for her. I brought this up to God that she claimed he never did nothing for
her, not long after that her gall bladder started bothering her again, she
had to have surgery, problems with wisdom teeth came back and she had to
have dental work, other thing she had been healed of came back after her
confession of faith that God didn't do anything for her. The only thing I
could remember of was when she was healed of hepatitis, that never came back
to her that I know of.

You people that don't believe think we are gullible because we do believe.
The thing you don't know is that some of those that believe have a better
reason for their beliefs than you do for yours.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 18:29:41 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 16:51:56 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

snip
Here's a rationed gasoline story with a twist of faith.

God turns water into petrol:
http://wigglesworth.born-again-chris...miracles.1.htm

Can you get him do that with Jim Beam? If so, I'll do your advertising
for some of the product.

The only times I've heard of miracles for profit has been from phonies.

Aha. So, loaves and fishes, and free gas, are Ok. But Jim Beam is not.
Wine is Ok though, right? How about ethanol fuel? I'll have to write
this down to keep it straight...

I've heard of a few times where water was turned into gasoline and other
times where an auto continued to run for hundreds of miles without any
gasoline.

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you've heard of that happening...

--
Ed Huntress

More interesting is one of the things I haven't heard of happening. In the
Bible there were a group of people that closely fit the description of the
modern day liberal. The Sadducees didn't believe in the miraculous. In the
Bible there are stories of conversions of Pharisees, gentiles, drunks,
prostitutes, etc., but no accounts of Sadducees, a person like a modern day
liberal, ever being saved, interesting.

So what happened to these Sadduceesez? I think that maybe they became
Wall Streeters, right?

My ex wife, while she was my wife, received healings for all sorts of little
problems, gall bladder, wisdom teeth bothering her, and other things that
she was having problems with, after prayer, no more problems. Then she lost
interest in God and before divorcing me she claimed God never did nothing
for her. I brought this up to God that she claimed he never did nothing for
her, not long after that her gall bladder started bothering her again, she
had to have surgery, problems with wisdom teeth came back and she had to
have dental work, other thing she had been healed of came back after her
confession of faith that God didn't do anything for her. The only thing I
could remember of was when she was healed of hepatitis, that never came back
to her that I know of.

But she got rid of you, eh? Maybe she considered that a worthwhile
compensation.

You people that don't believe think we are gullible because we do believe.
The thing you don't know is that some of those that believe have a better
reason for their beliefs than you do for yours.

RogerN

No, you people who believe think that people who don't believe think
you are gullible. In a sense, that's your gullibility, perhaps.

There is a loooong chasm between most believers and folks who believe
that they made their ex-wives' wisdom teeth grow back by having had a
little conversation with God about payback. That isn't gullibility,
Roger. And it's not faith. It's something very strange indeed.
--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip
There is a loooong chasm between most believers and folks who believe
that they made their ex-wives' wisdom teeth grow back by having had a
little conversation with God about payback. That isn't gullibility,
Roger. And it's not faith. It's something very strange indeed.
--
Ed Huntress

Seems you misunderstood about as much as possible, I had nothing to do with
her problems coming back, it was all her.

What Jesus said:
Mark 11:23 ...he (also works for she) shall have whatsoever he saith.

She said God did nothing for her, she got what she "saith".

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 19:42:45 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .

snip
There is a loooong chasm between most believers and folks who believe
that they made their ex-wives' wisdom teeth grow back by having had a
little conversation with God about payback. That isn't gullibility,
Roger. And it's not faith. It's something very strange indeed.
--
Ed Huntress

Seems you misunderstood about as much as possible, I had nothing to do with
her problems coming back, it was all her.

Ah, did she have a conversation with God about it, too? And he sided
with you?

What Jesus said:
Mark 11:23 ...he (also works for she) shall have whatsoever he saith.

She said God did nothing for her, she got what she "saith".

She saith, "please get Roger away from me"?

I'm not following this. It sounds pretty complicated.

--
Ed Huntress

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 19:42:45 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

snip

Seems you misunderstood about as much as possible, I had nothing to do
with
her problems coming back, it was all her.

Ah, did she have a conversation with God about it, too? And he sided
with you?

If God heals someone through faith, then the person that had faith claimed
he didn't do anything for them, they shouldn't be surprised that they lose
their healing.

What Jesus said:
Mark 11:23 ...he (also works for she) shall have whatsoever he saith.

She said God did nothing for her, she got what she "saith".

She saith, "please get Roger away from me"?

I think she said that to the Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance. She had to
tell them lies to come up with a reason for wanting a divorce, but lying was
her native tongue, she spoke lies better than English.

She left me for a man that was a fun outgoing personality, also an
alcoholic, who later raped one of our daughters. The divorce, free legal
assistance, public aid, all the libtarded programs that helped her
successfully get a divorce produced kids that live on the system like their
mom does.

I'm not following this. It sounds pretty complicated.

Ah, I think Cliff lives in you!

Understanding the truths of God are hidden from the world but they are
revealed to God's children. If anyone obeys Christ's teachings to the best
of their understanding, he will send them the Holy Spirit that will teach
them.

John 14:
22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, "But, Lord, why do you intend to
show yourself to us and not to the world?"

23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will
love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone
who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not
my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

25 "All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the
Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things
and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with
you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not
let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

RogerN

--
Ed Huntress