Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Liberals vs. conservatives, from the narrow perspective of a brain-dead liberal.

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 18:29:41 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 16:51:56 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

snip
Here's a rationed gasoline story with a twist of faith.

God turns water into petrol:
http://wigglesworth.born-again-chris...miracles.1.htm

Can you get him do that with Jim Beam? If so, I'll do your advertising
for some of the product.

The only times I've heard of miracles for profit has been from phonies.

Aha. So, loaves and fishes, and free gas, are Ok. But Jim Beam is not.
Wine is Ok though, right? How about ethanol fuel? I'll have to write
this down to keep it straight...

I've heard of a few times where water was turned into gasoline and other
times where an auto continued to run for hundreds of miles without any
gasoline.

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you've heard of that happening...

--
Ed Huntress

More interesting is one of the things I haven't heard of happening. In the
Bible there were a group of people that closely fit the description of the
modern day liberal. The Sadducees didn't believe in the miraculous. In the
Bible there are stories of conversions of Pharisees, gentiles, drunks,
prostitutes, etc., but no accounts of Sadducees, a person like a modern day
liberal, ever being saved, interesting.

So what happened to these Sadduceesez? I think that maybe they became
Wall Streeters, right?

My ex wife, while she was my wife, received healings for all sorts of little
problems, gall bladder, wisdom teeth bothering her, and other things that
she was having problems with, after prayer, no more problems. Then she lost
interest in God and before divorcing me she claimed God never did nothing
for her. I brought this up to God that she claimed he never did nothing for
her, not long after that her gall bladder started bothering her again, she
had to have surgery, problems with wisdom teeth came back and she had to
have dental work, other thing she had been healed of came back after her
confession of faith that God didn't do anything for her. The only thing I
could remember of was when she was healed of hepatitis, that never came back
to her that I know of.

But she got rid of you, eh? Maybe she considered that a worthwhile
compensation.

You people that don't believe think we are gullible because we do believe.
The thing you don't know is that some of those that believe have a better
reason for their beliefs than you do for yours.

RogerN

No, you people who believe think that people who don't believe think
you are gullible. In a sense, that's your gullibility, perhaps.

There is a loooong chasm between most believers and folks who believe
that they made their ex-wives' wisdom teeth grow back by having had a
little conversation with God about payback. That isn't gullibility,
Roger. And it's not faith. It's something very strange indeed.
--
Ed Huntress