Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Interesting article on ammo for self defense.

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_De..._FAQ/index.htm

For indoor use I wouldn't use a rifle unless I was 100% sure of
backstop. The way my place sets I can shoot about 2 directions without a
big problem, but the other two could cause neighbors to fire back !!!

I have always liked a shotgun for indoors with a pistol as a get to the
shotgun or easily portable weapon. For carry a VERY dependable handgun
in a caliber that you can reliably shoot. Like I tell folks, Big bores
are great for stopping power, BUT if you cannot shoot it well because of
whatever reason you may as well grab a bat.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 26, 4:06*pm, "Steve W." wrote:
http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_De..._FAQ/index.htm

For indoor use I wouldn't use a rifle unless I was 100% sure of
backstop. The way my place sets I can shoot about 2 directions without a
big problem, but the other two could cause neighbors to fire back !!!

I have always liked a shotgun for indoors with a pistol as a get to the
shotgun or easily portable weapon. For carry a VERY dependable handgun
in a caliber that you can reliably shoot. Like I tell folks, Big bores
are great for stopping power, BUT if you cannot shoot it well because of
whatever reason you may as well grab a bat.

--
Steve W.

My favorite is the bullpup shotgun, easier to manage in confined
quarters, harder to grab and take away.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message ...

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_De..._FAQ/index.htm

For indoor use I wouldn't use a rifle unless I was 100% sure of
backstop. The way my place sets I can shoot about 2 directions without a
big problem, but the other two could cause neighbors to fire back !!!

I have always liked a shotgun for indoors with a pistol as a get to the
shotgun or easily portable weapon. For carry a VERY dependable handgun
in a caliber that you can reliably shoot. Like I tell folks, Big bores
are great for stopping power, BUT if you cannot shoot it well because of
whatever reason you may as well grab a bat.

--
Steve W.

One of the very best indoor SD weapons is a big-ass can of hornet spray. It
will truly **** up an intruder yet wash off your walls.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/27/2012 9:31 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:

"Steve W." wrote in message ...

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_De..._FAQ/index.htm

For indoor use I wouldn't use a rifle unless I was 100% sure of
backstop. The way my place sets I can shoot about 2 directions without a
big problem, but the other two could cause neighbors to fire back !!!

I have always liked a shotgun for indoors with a pistol as a get to the
shotgun or easily portable weapon. For carry a VERY dependable handgun
in a caliber that you can reliably shoot. Like I tell folks, Big bores
are great for stopping power, BUT if you cannot shoot it well because of
whatever reason you may as well grab a bat.

They say that the measure of a man's intelligence is how well he agrees
with you.

It's nice to see someone who makes sense once in a while .

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

One of the very best indoor SD weapons is a big-ass can of hornet spray. It
will truly **** up an intruder yet wash off your walls.

That would be a violation of federal law, using the product in a manner
inconsistent with it's labeling. Just shoot the SOB with a gun the
correct legal way.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Actually, not..... http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/waspspray.asp
This internet legend has been around for a bit too long.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

One of the very best indoor SD weapons is a big-ass can of hornet spray. It
will truly **** up an intruder yet wash off your walls.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 27, 10:31*pm, "Tom Gardner" wrote:

One of the very best indoor SD weapons is a big-ass can of hornet spray. *It
will truly **** up an intruder yet wash off your walls.

I agree with Richard, who said it very well.

And now, on your suggestion, I just may pick up a can or two of hornet
spray to keep around. Though I have (thankfully) never needed to use
such stuff against hornets or humans, I have seen the local phone guys
take out a hornet nest 20 feet up the pole while standing on the
ground. Ought to be plenty powerful for indoor defense.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 28, 7:30*am, "Pete C." wrote:
Tom Gardner wrote:

One of the very best indoor SD weapons is a big-ass can of hornet spray.. *It
will truly **** up an intruder yet wash off your walls.

That would be a violation of federal law, using the product in a manner
inconsistent with it's labeling. Just shoot the SOB with a gun the
correct legal way.

"Sorry, officer. I thought he was a bug."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:31:42 -0500, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

One of the very best indoor SD weapons is a big-ass can of hornet spray. It
will truly **** up an intruder yet wash off your walls.

=======================

I'm sceptical. I'm sure that if you get it in your eyes, it will
burn. Like taking a head shot with a pistol, trying to hit someones
eyes with the spray while under stress sounds like a long shot. It's
something you could do if you had nothing else, but I think the
likelihood is that you'd miss with the spray and since it doesn't make
a bang, like a gun, the opponent is unlikely to be phased. If there's
some documentation of its success, I'm all ears.

RWL

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

One of the very best indoor SD weapons is a big-ass can of hornet spray. It
will truly **** up an intruder yet wash off your walls.

=======================

I'm sceptical. I'm sure that if you get it in your eyes, it will
burn. Like taking a head shot with a pistol, trying to hit someones
eyes with the spray while under stress sounds like a long shot. It's
something you could do if you had nothing else, but I think the
likelihood is that you'd miss with the spray and since it doesn't make
a bang, like a gun, the opponent is unlikely to be phased. If there's
some documentation of its success, I'm all ears.

RWL

Dunno what you guys are doing with the attribution here....

Tom didn't say anything about bug spray.
Neither did I.

Tom simply said he would not use a rifle indoors for fear of his
neighbors returning fire! And rightly so.
That's exactly why I keep my little .380 by the bed.

Also, there is little likelihood of me missing a head shot.
It's more about which corner of which eye.

If that seems unlikely to you, then may I suggest bug spray?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Check the thread, you have it backwards.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ok, I went back and checked.
Tom's reply was below the sig line and got lopped off.

Shame on you, Tom!