Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Interesting article on ammo for self defense.

On 2/28/2012 9:04 PM, Pete C. wrote:

Richard wrote:

On 2/28/2012 8:01 PM, GeoLane at PTD dot NET wrote:
On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:31:42 -0500, "Tom
wrote:

One of the very best indoor SD weapons is a big-ass can of hornet spray. It
will truly **** up an intruder yet wash off your walls.

=======================

I'm sceptical. I'm sure that if you get it in your eyes, it will
burn. Like taking a head shot with a pistol, trying to hit someones
eyes with the spray while under stress sounds like a long shot. It's
something you could do if you had nothing else, but I think the
likelihood is that you'd miss with the spray and since it doesn't make
a bang, like a gun, the opponent is unlikely to be phased. If there's
some documentation of its success, I'm all ears.

RWL

Dunno what you guys are doing with the attribution here....

Tom didn't say anything about bug spray.
Neither did I.

Tom simply said he would not use a rifle indoors for fear of his
neighbors returning fire! And rightly so.
That's exactly why I keep my little .380 by the bed.

Also, there is little likelihood of me missing a head shot.
It's more about which corner of which eye.

If that seems unlikely to you, then may I suggest bug spray?

Check the thread, you have it backwards.

Ok, I went back and checked.
Tom's reply was below the sig line and got lopped off.

Shame on you, Tom!