Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Work Instructions by another name?

Okay, this may sound a little like trivial pursuit, but-------

I just wrote up some work instructions for a project to make 50 rug weaving
frames for my wife. She's going to put on 2 classes in making these 23" X
42" rugs this summer at our biannual national blacksmith conference in
Rapid City, SD.

Anyway, I am wracking my brain trying to remember what we called "work
instructions" at 3M company, primarily for hardgoods mfg, years ago.

It's not that I
HAVE to know, it's just that I can't dredge up the name and it bugs me. At
the time, 20 years ago, whatever we called them was pretty common in
industry.

---Oh, why did I do it all?
Well, I had to cut up a lot of 1 1/2" wide hardwood slats and then do
several operations on them. I wanted to get the slats all cut to get rid of
that mess in the shop, so, laying out my intended process flow gave me
better insight into how careful I'd have to be in stock selection,
tolerances, etc. before I started making some jigs.
My wife may be doing some of the machining, so I wanted to make sure that
the parts come out "right the first time".
And no, I won't be expecting any ISO-9001 or TS whatever auditors in the
check on me.

Pete Stanaitis

instructions Luke Price Electronics Repair 0 March 10th 09 01:21 AM
Mitsubishi WS48311 Television 1080i - Front panel buttons do not work, or work intermittently Kip Electronics Repair 3 January 21st 07 03:21 AM
OT Cooker instructions mogga UK diy 1 May 18th 05 11:28 PM
co-ax instructions Mike Metalworking 30 March 26th 04 05:12 AM