Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Window in metal door

As I make this "new post", I realize I'm way short of details. I'll rely on
you all to ask a lot of questions, and I'll get the details as we go.

I volunteer at a non profit agency. They have a couple doors which do not
have windows, but they would like them to have windows. Metal doors, 36
inch wide, heavy. Fitted for full mortise lock.

If the window is available separately, looks like a case of drill the
corners of the hole I need. use my electric nibbler to remove the rectangle
shaped piece of heavy sheet metal. Put the two halves of the window up, and
tighten some screws.

Anyone done this? Tips, cautions, etc?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus