Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Window in metal door

"Stormin Mormon" fired this volley in
:

Oops, that's sobering. I was thinking to try my metal nibbler from HF.
http://www.harborfreight.com/14-gaug...ear-68199.html
I'd sure hate to start the job, and be unable to finish.

naaahhh... I've cut custom openings in steel doors many times!

I've used a fine-toothed carbide blade in a circular saw, cutting VERY
slowly to prevent the saw from yanking up a rough edge. "Ferrous metal"
cutting blades work, too, but tend to burn the foam in the door. Grit
blades work great!

I've also used a 24T metal cutting sabre saw blade (in a sabre saw, yes).
Works fine. Again, high saw speed, SLOW cutting.

It's very easy to do a good job, if you keep the rate of feed low and
very controlled -- don't let the saw pull itself into the work.

LLoyd