Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CO2 cylinders

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draft...anks/co2.shtml

http://catalinacylinders.com/co2.html

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...nt-cid-19.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-lb-CO2-Al...-/110762209513

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-lb-CO2-St...-/110774227111

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-LB-Steel-...-/250959980380

etc etc etc

Ever come this way..stop in and Ill give you a 20lb. You will have to
get it hydroed though. Ive got about 4-5 extras

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draft...anks/co2.shtml

http://catalinacylinders.com/co2.html

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...nt-cid-19.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-lb-CO2-Al...-/110762209513

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-lb-CO2-St...-/110774227111

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-LB-Steel-...-/250959980380

etc etc etc

Ever come this way..stop in and Ill give you a 20lb. You will have to
get it hydroed though. Ive got about 4-5 extras

Gunner

Thanks, Gun. The next time I go to San Diego, I am going to stop by your
place, as there are several items I could use, and possibly find there. One
is an electric chain hoist or cable hoist. 1,000-2,000#. Money is just
tight right now. I'm sure I could drop some cash there.

I saw my tank on one of the sites for $89, and the aluminum Catalina I have
for $109. Still haven't seen the very little one.

It's nice to have a backup tank living here in the sticks.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 10:22:24 -0800, "Steve B" wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Indeed. I most generally MIG with CO2, so keep 2-3 full in the racks and
2 on the machines. I wound up with a half dozen steel bottles and about
that with some bottles from a well known beverage company at a salvage
job. Aluminum 20/30 lb tanks, had one or two hydro'ed and refilled. So
Ive got extras kicking around. You might want to remove the red and
white paint...G..but they have been out of circulation for at least 10
or more years before I get em so they are well out of hydro and as I
recall.were from somewhere in the midwest. How they got to
California..shrug..no idea.

Money is tight EVERYWHERE..and its getting worse. Dont let it bother
you too much. Come by and take what you need and pay me later.
You.... I trust.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote \

Money is tight EVERYWHERE..and its getting worse. Dont let it bother
you too much. Come by and take what you need and pay me later.
You.... I trust.

Gunner

Makes me want to take $500 and do a three day sleeping bag disappearing
thing like I did when I was younger ...............

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 16:32:10 -0800, "Steve B" wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote \

Money is tight EVERYWHERE..and its getting worse. Dont let it bother
you too much. Come by and take what you need and pay me later.
You.... I trust.

Gunner

Makes me want to take $500 and do a three day sleeping bag disappearing
thing like I did when I was younger ...............

Steve

Bring a trailer.....

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 16:32:10 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote \

Money is tight EVERYWHERE..and its getting worse. Dont let it bother
you too much. Come by and take what you need and pay me later.
You.... I trust.

Gunner

Makes me want to take $500 and do a three day sleeping bag disappearing
thing like I did when I was younger ...............

Steve

****, $500 apiece got me and my brother 8000 miles travelling for a
month in my jeep, including gas. OK, it was 1976, and we slept in a
tent, 3-4 days between baths.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete Keillor" wrote

****, $500 apiece got me and my brother 8000 miles travelling for a
month in my jeep, including gas. OK, it was 1976, and we slept in a
tent, 3-4 days between baths.

Pete Keillor

When I had my motorhome, I loved to boondock. Just pull over where there
was a field, a side road, whatever. I figured if a guy would just go on a
shoestring, and camp here and there, they could do a very long trip on not a
lot of money. And far less if they slept in a tent or a pickup cover. I
was all set to do the AlCan, but had heart surgery instead.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 09:34:32 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Pete Keillor" wrote

****, $500 apiece got me and my brother 8000 miles travelling for a
month in my jeep, including gas. OK, it was 1976, and we slept in a
tent, 3-4 days between baths.

Pete Keillor

When I had my motorhome, I loved to boondock. Just pull over where there
was a field, a side road, whatever. I figured if a guy would just go on a
shoestring, and camp here and there, they could do a very long trip on not a
lot of money. And far less if they slept in a tent or a pickup cover. I
was all set to do the AlCan, but had heart surgery instead.

Yep, it was a great trip. We stayed in a lot of parks, national,
state, and otherwise, but also found national forests are good if you
close the gates. Wouldn't want to sleep on the ground that much now.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 06:30:10 -0600, Pete Keillor
wrote:

****, $500 apiece got me and my brother 8000 miles travelling for a
month in my jeep, including gas. OK, it was 1976, and we slept in a
tent, 3-4 days between baths.
Pete Keillor

When in college on Christmas break, I buddy of mine and I drove to
Acapulco, Mexico from Grand Rapids, Michigan, spent two weeks in
Acapulco, and drove back home all for only $400 each. This was in
1980. How come so cheap? Because we didn't even rent a hotel room in
Acapulco. We slept out on the pool side chairs at the El Presidente
hotel right on the strip. Every morning the pool cleaning crew would
wake us up and off to the beach we went.....except for between about
11:00 and 1:00 PM when it was soooo damn hot you couldn't even be on
the beach. We would go get something to eat then. We came back tanned
dark as baked beans.

I don't think I would even try something like that now with all the
narco violence going on down there and the resultant increased
security. Probably would get hauled off to a Mexican jail....or worse.
Dave

Gas cylinders Keith Dunbar UK diy 3 July 8th 07 10:29 PM
Primatic Cylinders? bruceyboy UK diy 8 May 1st 07 08:42 PM
hydraulic cylinders eight points or better Metalworking 6 December 4th 04 10:36 PM
Used Gas Cylinders Matt Metalworking 12 February 3rd 04 12:09 PM