Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] dav1936531@is.invalid is offline

Default CO2 cylinders

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 06:30:10 -0600, Pete Keillor
wrote:

****, $500 apiece got me and my brother 8000 miles travelling for a
month in my jeep, including gas. OK, it was 1976, and we slept in a
tent, 3-4 days between baths.
Pete Keillor

When in college on Christmas break, I buddy of mine and I drove to
Acapulco, Mexico from Grand Rapids, Michigan, spent two weeks in
Acapulco, and drove back home all for only $400 each. This was in
1980. How come so cheap? Because we didn't even rent a hotel room in
Acapulco. We slept out on the pool side chairs at the El Presidente
hotel right on the strip. Every morning the pool cleaning crew would
wake us up and off to the beach we went.....except for between about
11:00 and 1:00 PM when it was soooo damn hot you couldn't even be on
the beach. We would go get something to eat then. We came back tanned
dark as baked beans.

I don't think I would even try something like that now with all the
narco violence going on down there and the resultant increased
security. Probably would get hauled off to a Mexican jail....or worse.
Dave