Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone want a mill?

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 03:02:55 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...15534047903506

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...15793966013074

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...16686683095186

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...16798214073362

Dirty..ugly and nasty..but in surprisngly good shape and very very
little backlash in any axis.

A couple of the switches need replacing, I can do it..or you can do it
for a discount.

It has both vertical AND horizontal spindles and motors.
Everything runs nicely.

$1800 OBO.
Ill even toss in a few 40 taper tool holders and a decent vise (Kurt
Klone)

Located in Chino California.

About 2000 lbs
220vt 3ph

Gunner

This looks like a hell-of-a milling machine. That 40 taper is a HUGE
improvement over R8. Somebody on the left hand side should snap this
up.

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Thanks Karl. It is a rather nice mill. The only thing it doesnt
have..is an overarm support for the horizontal arbor. I searched the
building high and low for one and never did find it. Its been tucked
into that corner..facing the wall..for the entire 14 yrs Ive been
servicing their machines, never used. No one knew where it came from
either. Shrug. Its Taiwanese and is in pretty damned good physical
condition. Ive got its little brother out in my cargo container with a
Yamazen label on it. R8 in both spindles, but it needs some repair,
which Ive talked about before..blown nut in X axis.

The horizontal supports are occasionally available on Ebay, or are
rather easily made on that same mill with a dovetail cutter of the right
size.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner, you should clean it up and retake pictures. An hour with a
brush on an angle grinder, grease cutting cleaner spray, etc should
pay off nicely. You have time to do it, so do it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 10:26:25 -0600, Ignoramus8791
wrote:

Gunner, you should clean it up and retake pictures. An hour with a
brush on an angle grinder, grease cutting cleaner spray, etc should
pay off nicely. You have time to do it, so do it.

I will sooner or later. Its down at a friends shop in Chino, east of Los
Angeles...some 150 miles south east of my home.

I got it and the Aciero mill/drill for money owed to me (over $2k). As I
mentioned before..I went in to try to get some money from them..and they
were moving machinery out of the building. So I told the manager (1/3rd
owner) I wanted money..or machinery. So I got the two machines, plus a
few boxes of small stuff. Full Hout index cabinet filled with left hand
drills ...small Japanese drill press (1/4" max)..12,000 rpm, a bit of
tooling and other small stuff. Most not worth selling, but handy around
my own shop. I could have snagged a couple big optical comparitors and
other Stuff..but havent had much luck selling that sort of thing and no
one else in California has either..unfortunately.

I called my buddy, told him about the mill and he was interested and he
came down with his trailer. The mill is smaller than what he is looking
for. He runs big...big machines. 48x22 FOOT lathes, 8 foot vertical
turret lathes..big stuff. He was hoping it was a #5 size..and its more
like a 3 1/2. But he hauled both machines up to his shop as I needed
them moved and hadnt brought my trailer down that week.

So next week, Ill have to haul them up to my homestead. The Aciero is
easy...but this mill is gonna be a bit tougher with the trailer Ive got.
The trailer...Its tired..almost as tired as me. Shrug.

Gunner