Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone want a mill?

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 08:15:51 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 03:02:55 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...15534047903506

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...15793966013074

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...16686683095186

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...16798214073362

Dirty..ugly and nasty..but in surprisngly good shape and very very
little backlash in any axis.

A couple of the switches need replacing, I can do it..or you can do it
for a discount.

It has both vertical AND horizontal spindles and motors.
Everything runs nicely.

$1800 OBO.
Ill even toss in a few 40 taper tool holders and a decent vise (Kurt
Klone)

Located in Chino California.

About 2000 lbs
220vt 3ph

Gunner

This looks like a hell-of-a milling machine. That 40 taper is a HUGE
improvement over R8. Somebody on the left hand side should snap this
up.

Karl

Thanks Karl. It is a rather nice mill. The only thing it doesnt
have..is an overarm support for the horizontal arbor. I searched the
building high and low for one and never did find it. Its been tucked
into that corner..facing the wall..for the entire 14 yrs Ive been
servicing their machines, never used. No one knew where it came from
either. Shrug. Its Taiwanese and is in pretty damned good physical
condition. Ive got its little brother out in my cargo container with a
Yamazen label on it. R8 in both spindles, but it needs some repair,
which Ive talked about before..blown nut in X axis.

The horizontal supports are occasionally available on Ebay, or are
rather easily made on that same mill with a dovetail cutter of the right
size.

Gunner

Gunner Asch