Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Forklift leaking brake fluid from right brake drum

I brought in an outdoor forklift on pneumatic tires. It is not the one
that I bought for $500, but another one.

This outdoor one, runs good, but has nonworking brakes. Quick
investigation shows that brake system is full of air, and that brake
fluid is leaking from the right brake drum (I can see it leaking).

This is a Cat V50B LPG powered forklift.

Am I correct in assuming that a repair is simple, though not
necessarily easy, and likely amounts to replacing or fixing the brake
cylinder os some such?

Brake Fluid Manufacturers Swastik Brakefluid Woodworking 0 October 21st 11 10:46 AM
Way OT -- brake fluid TD Driver[_3_] Woodworking 19 April 26th 09 03:54 PM
Way OT -- brake fluid dpb Woodworking 0 April 23rd 09 06:27 PM
Way OT -- brake fluid Robatoy[_2_] Woodworking 0 April 23rd 09 06:22 PM
Brake Fluid - Alternative Use? RWL Metalworking 28 October 21st 05 02:15 AM