Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Metal t bird

There's a car made out of metal called a Thunderbird. My wife wants one.
One of the 2002-2005 range. Does anyone have one of these, has had one, or
knows someone who has one? What can you provide about the car as per
whether or not it is a good car?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:04:34 -0700, Steve B wrote:

There's a car made out of metal called a Thunderbird. My wife wants
one. One of the 2002-2005 range. Does anyone have one of these, has had
one, or knows someone who has one? What can you provide about the car
as per whether or not it is a good car?

How do you define "good"? That's the right age range for Consumer
Reports to be able to give you a good idea of their reliability (and
about the right age that Ford's quality finished going way up).

I like the recent-ish T-birds; they did a good job with the forward-
looking retro styling.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

On Oct 25, 11:04*am, "Steve B" wrote:
There's a car made out of metal called a Thunderbird. *My wife wants one.
One of the 2002-2005 range. *Does anyone have one of these, has had one, or
knows someone who has one? *What can you provide about the car as per
whether or not it is a good car?

Steve

I haven't heard anything bad about them. tried to get my wife to buy a
nice one a friend has, but she bought a Z4 instead.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Rex" wrote in message
On Oct 25, 11:04 am, "Steve B" wrote:
There's a car made out of metal called a Thunderbird. My wife wants one.
One of the 2002-2005 range. Does anyone have one of these, has had one, or
knows someone who has one? What can you provide about the car as per
whether or not it is a good car?

Steve

I haven't heard anything bad about them. tried to get my wife to buy a
nice one a friend has, but she bought a Z4 instead.

My wife's first car was a '55 TBird. Now she needs a car and wants the 2005
50 year edition. Her choice. The original wasn't a screamer, just a
cruiser. The two seater Vettes took off into the stratosphere on power and
speed, but the T Birds would barely downshift if you stomped the gas.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/25/2011 8:11 PM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
On Oct 25, 11:04 am, "Steve wrote:
There's a car made out of metal called a Thunderbird. My wife wants one.
One of the 2002-2005 range. Does anyone have one of these, has had one, or
knows someone who has one? What can you provide about the car as per
whether or not it is a good car?

Steve

I haven't heard anything bad about them. tried to get my wife to buy a
nice one a friend has, but she bought a Z4 instead.

My wife's first car was a '55 TBird. Now she needs a car and wants the 2005
50 year edition. Her choice. The original wasn't a screamer, just a
cruiser. The two seater Vettes took off into the stratosphere on power and
speed, but the T Birds would barely downshift if you stomped the gas.

Steve

This is all hearsay. We were in a car lot buying a truck and they had
one of the T-Birds when they were less than 6 months old. Here's the
salesman's story. An older couple bought one here when they first came
out. Traded it back in because it had too much power and way too stiff
a suspension. They contended it was too stiff to be a comfortable ride.
I think they were expecting a Lincoln type ride. Sure not a Mustang,
but closer there than a Lincoln.