A. Barnhard

Default Bird in Attic

In our new house, we have just found a bird flying around in our large
walk-out attic. It found its way in but will unlikely find its way
out. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to get rid of this bird.
(We understand we have a larger longer-range problem--preventing it
from happening again, but that will be a different problem that we
will tackle after it warms up a bit here in central coastal NJ).
Thanks for any ideas.
Matt

Shotgun, M-80 or a cat all come to mind.

planstan

"A. Barnhard" wrote in message
In our new house, we have just found a bird flying around in our large
walk-out attic. It found its way in but will unlikely find its way
out. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to get rid of this bird.
(We understand we have a larger longer-range problem--preventing it
from happening again, but that will be a different problem that we
will tackle after it warms up a bit here in central coastal NJ).
Thanks for any ideas.

maybe try a bug fogger to kill him if you can't catch him

Joseph Meehan

A. Barnhard wrote:
In our new house, we have just found a bird flying around in our large
walk-out attic. It found its way in but will unlikely find its way
out. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to get rid of this bird.
(We understand we have a larger longer-range problem--preventing it
from happening again, but that will be a different problem that we
will tackle after it warms up a bit here in central coastal NJ).
Thanks for any ideas.

That bird is likely to be able to find his way out a lot easier than you
think. If you like you may have a vent somewhere that you may open to give
it another choice, but I suspect it will leave on it's own when it is ready.
Look around carefully and find out where it got in. Plan on blocking that
as soon as your guest leaves.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Suzie-Q

In article ,
A. Barnhard wrote:

- In our new house, we have just found a bird flying around in our large
- walk-out attic. It found its way in but will unlikely find its way
- out. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to get rid of this bird.
- (We understand we have a larger longer-range problem--preventing it
- from happening again, but that will be a different problem that we
- will tackle after it warms up a bit here in central coastal NJ).
- Thanks for any ideas.

There was a bird stuck in a foyer once. Came in when someone left the
doors open. I chased the bird around with a shirt or sweater or something
until it got tired, then threw the shirt over the bird and released it
outside.

The fishing net is a good idea, except that the bird could get quite
tangled up in the strings.

If you try this, I hope the bird gets tired before you do!
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
xrongor

we had a bat once too. we tried opening the door and chasing it out, but
nope. the fishing net worked like a charm. had to be a bit careful getting
him out though. his wing got a bit tangled. didnt have a dip type net,
just a big salmon grabber.

sure was exciting though.

randy

"A. Barnhard" wrote in message
In our new house, we have just found a bird flying around in our large
walk-out attic. It found its way in but will unlikely find its way
out. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to get rid of this bird.
(We understand we have a larger longer-range problem--preventing it
from happening again, but that will be a different problem that we
will tackle after it warms up a bit here in central coastal NJ).
Thanks for any ideas.

msterspy

I had an owl in my chimney once. Let him into the enclosed fireplace
and let him stay there until I found a way to get him out. I called
the local museum of science and asked if they would like a nice
screetch owl. They said no and suggested that I put my hand in the
fireplace with a glove and let him perch on my finger. I knew that was
poor advice. Ended up calling the town animal officer and he traped
him/her with a small cage. The owl was later released outdoors.
Incredible creatures, beatiful eyes.
I'm sure youll' get rid of your bird soon. Block up the vents with
stiff hardware clothe when he is gone.

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:42:01 GMT, Suzie-Q
wrote:

In article ,
A. Barnhard wrote:

- In our new house, we have just found a bird flying around in our large
- walk-out attic. It found its way in but will unlikely find its way
- out. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to get rid of this bird.
- (We understand we have a larger longer-range problem--preventing it
- from happening again, but that will be a different problem that we
- will tackle after it warms up a bit here in central coastal NJ).
- Thanks for any ideas.

There was a bird stuck in a foyer once. Came in when someone left the
doors open. I chased the bird around with a shirt or sweater or something
until it got tired, then threw the shirt over the bird and released it
outside.

The fishing net is a good idea, except that the bird could get quite
tangled up in the strings.

If you try this, I hope the bird gets tired before you do!

A. Barnhard

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:12:38 -0500, A. Barnhard
wrote:

In our new house, we have just found a bird flying around in our large
walk-out attic.

Attic Bird Report.

Today we have been unable to see any sign of the attic bird. We
looked in all possible areas but many areas are completely
inaccessible to us and to view. This morning, we left the attic
lights off and left the door open into the adjoining bright heated
room hoping the bird would be drawn out by the light and warmth, but
nothing happened. We are concluding that the bird either has found
its own way out of the attic or, considering how bitterly cold it has
been here in central NJ,has died. Thanks for your suggestions.