Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to make a speedbump-like concrete dam?

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 23:36:50 -0500, Ignoramus17081

On 2011-10-15, wrote:
Ignoramus17081 wrote:

(...)

My neighbor runs a concrete company and he ran out of space. He parks
a truck on my property in exchange for snowplowing my yard.

Careful, Iggy.
http://www.amariandlocallo.com/pdf/R...on_Article.pdf

--Winston

Yep. I will have to have him sign a paper to this effect. (he is
parking with my permission)

"Permission" does not appear to have the same meaning
in English as it does in Legalease. The court can
decide retroactively that you *did not grant legal
permission* even if you did indeed grant 'permission'.

From _Tapley v. Peterson_:

"..Next, the plaintiffs use of the land was not permissive (as
defendants contended), but hostile, because the ?conduct of
the plaintiffs with respect to the driveway area was flatly
inconsistent with any claim of permissive use.."

It sounds like you would be on much firmer ground if
you *paid* your neighbor to plow snow and he *paid*
you a rental fee for his parking spaces. With contracts,
canceled checks and everything. Even if it is the same
damn 300 dollarettes sloshing back and forth between
your accounts.

I'm not a lawyer and certainly don't play one on USENET.

Please talk to your attorney about this?

--Winston

I will talk to my lawyer. But if I get my neighbor to sign a statement such
as:

I am parking my vehicles on ___ ___'s property at ___ ___, Berkeley
IL, with the permission of the owner, which may be revoked at any
time.

___ ___ Date

That ought to be enough.

What I will also do is I will park my truck there and will take
pictures, which proves that possession was not uninterrupted.

Good idea. Adding the words "temporarily and occasionally" might
help, too. Do ask the attorney as state laws vary considerably.

--
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt