Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Two things:

Is there a new flock of idiots migrating in here? No offense to the
resident idiots.

Does your server show lots of messages as not available on the server any
more?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 8 Oct 2011 09:44:40 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Is there a new flock of idiots migrating in here? No offense to the
resident idiots.

Does your server show lots of messages as not available on the server any
more?

Steve

I think it's a direct result of TMT spamming the other newsgroups.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Is there a new flock of idiots migrating in here? No offense to the
resident idiots.

Looks like the usual levels of crazies to me between the spammers and
the Conspiracy Theorists that Gunner insists on tweeking.

Then again, I've been gone for a little while and I'm still getting my
filters re-tuned. Once I have the worst spewers in the bit-bucket,
then I can talk.

Does your server show lots of messages as not available on the server any
more?

No, but that's all up to your server. A lot of ISP's simply don't
care about Usenet anymore, that they offer it at all is a miracle.

Go yell at them, or give up and go to a premium server coughAPNcough
that actually has a damn to give.

-- Bruce --
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
.. .
Is there a new flock of idiots migrating in here? No offense to the
resident idiots.

Does your server show lots of messages as not available on the server any
more?

Steve

The crackpots have come out on other groups too. I just shot down the UFO
they claimed caused the 1942 "Battle of Los Angeles". It was actually an
unidentified flock of seagulls above a garbage barge, detected beyond the
horizon due to a poorly understood radar condition called "Ducting".

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Is there a new flock of idiots migrating in here? No offense to the
resident idiots.

It seems so. The killfile seems to need a little updating.

Does your server show lots of messages as not available on the server any
more?

Back when I was on usenetserver.com, I had a LOT of that. Repeated
support tickets did not make a difference. I cancelled my account,
switched to Eternal September, and have never seen the problem again.
--
RoRo

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Is there a new flock of idiots migrating in here? No offense to the
resident idiots.

[ ... ]

Does your server show lots of messages as not available on the server any
more?

No, but that's all up to your server. A lot of ISP's simply don't
care about Usenet anymore, that they offer it at all is a miracle.

Yes -- mine does -- sometimes. I think that is the result of a
spew of spam of some form or other from a server, the operator of the
server kicking the poster off, and sending cancel messages out for
everything that the user sent, and *some* news servers receiving these
cancels honor them and get rid of the articles -- so where there has
been an attack on a newsgroup, you will (at least as shown on my
newsreader) see a list of 1000-2000 articles waiting, but when I
actually enter that newsgroup, there will only be about 200 articles
actually present, and my killfile will blow away about 3/4 of those.

BTW I did not see the original article -- only the followup, perhaps
because of the "NOSPAM" in the username. I tend to kick out
many of those.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564