Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Two things:

On 2011-10-08, Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) wrote:
On Sat, 8 Oct 2011 09:44:40 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Is there a new flock of idiots migrating in here? No offense to the
resident idiots.

[ ... ]

Does your server show lots of messages as not available on the server any
more?

No, but that's all up to your server. A lot of ISP's simply don't
care about Usenet anymore, that they offer it at all is a miracle.

Yes -- mine does -- sometimes. I think that is the result of a
spew of spam of some form or other from a server, the operator of the
server kicking the poster off, and sending cancel messages out for
everything that the user sent, and *some* news servers receiving these
cancels honor them and get rid of the articles -- so where there has
been an attack on a newsgroup, you will (at least as shown on my
newsreader) see a list of 1000-2000 articles waiting, but when I
actually enter that newsgroup, there will only be about 200 articles
actually present, and my killfile will blow away about 3/4 of those.

BTW I did not see the original article -- only the followup, perhaps
because of the "NOSPAM" in the username. I tend to kick out
many of those.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564