Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cool new product

This look kinda usefull, a guy walked in to my shop yesterday with
one. He was here earlier for me to make a part for his trike. then
came back to show me this thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVuKML-rL0s

or www.theinductor.com

Cool, but I find my TIG torch can heat things pretty quick too.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 09:07:09 -0400, Randy333
wrote:

This look kinda usefull, a guy walked in to my shop yesterday with
one. He was here earlier for me to make a part for his trike. then
came back to show me this thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVuKML-rL0s

or www.theinductor.com

Cool, but I find my TIG torch can heat things pretty quick too.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

Now that is petty cool!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-09-22, Randy333 wrote:
This look kinda usefull, a guy walked in to my shop yesterday with
one. He was here earlier for me to make a part for his trike. then
came back to show me this thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVuKML-rL0s

or www.theinductor.com

Cool, but I find my TIG torch can heat things pretty quick too.

Yes it can -- but an induction heater (not this hand held one,
obviously) can apply the heat in a vacuum enclosure or an inert gas
enclosure, to prevent oxidation of the workpiece. You can feed enough
inert gas with your TIG, but it would not work in a vacuum. :-)

And I didn't see what this one used for power -- it might be
easier to get into tight spaces.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 26, 11:56*am, Steve Ackman
wrote:
On 23 Sep 2011 03:09:09 GMT, DoN. Nichols wrote:

* *And I didn't see what this one used for power -- it might be
easier to get into tight spaces.

* The video on their site,http://youtube.com/watch?v=_YO_snrzYrsis captioned
with "corded 110v"

If they could get the price low enough, a lot of folks would buy that.

Dave

New Product HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 16 March 15th 09 07:39 PM
New (use for a) product HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 8 June 29th 08 12:23 AM
One room cool and other oom not that much cool [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 24th 07 02:42 AM
what product to use? RB Electronics Repair 6 February 21st 06 09:59 AM
cool-crete or cool-deck reader Home Repair 2 March 14th 05 05:32 PM