Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ticked off at debt collectors calling their cellphones, Floridians are fighting back

"Chad" wrote:

South Florida consumers aggravated by annoying "robo calls" on
their cellphones from debt collectors are fighting back – suing
the companies that make the calls and often collecting cash
settlements from the lenders.

I get really annoyed by ATT trying to sell me upgrades and telling my credit card payment
cleared by texting me. I don't want the first and my credit isn't sketchy and being woke
up when I'm sleeping by this crap makes me want to choke the life out of some idiot at
ATT.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-09-16, Wes wrote:
"Chad" wrote:

South Florida consumers aggravated by annoying "robo calls" on
their cellphones from debt collectors are fighting back – suing
the companies that make the calls and often collecting cash
settlements from the lenders.

I get really annoyed by ATT trying to sell me upgrades and telling my credit card payment
cleared by texting me. I don't want the first and my credit isn't sketchy and being woke
up when I'm sleeping by this crap makes me want to choke the life out of some idiot at
ATT.

Does your cell phone account charge you for each text received?
If so, they are getting income by texting you the information that your
credit card payment cleared.

My Verizon cell phone account did -- and all the texts which I
received were spam, costing me $0.20 each -- so I asked Verizon to turn
off the texting totally. The only thing I don't like about that is that
there is no notice to those who sent that the message was unreceived, so
it is possible that someone who knows me (but not too well) could send
met a text and wonder why I did not reply. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Chad" wrote:

South Florida consumers aggravated by annoying "robo calls" on
their cellphones from debt collectors are fighting back - suing
the companies that make the calls and often collecting cash
settlements from the lenders.

I get really annoyed by ATT trying to sell me upgrades and telling my
credit card payment
cleared by texting me. I don't want the first and my credit isn't sketchy
and being woke
up when I'm sleeping by this crap makes me want to choke the life out of
some idiot at
ATT.

Turn it off when sleeping....