Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Teflon for Sale or Trade

I have more virgin electrical grade PTFE Teflon round rod than I'll
ever use. Lots of 1-1/2, 2, and 2-1/2 dia; some larger and smaller.
I'd like to get 20%-25% of McMaster price, depending on quantity,
extent of the surplus, etc. The stuff is on McM p.3574

Trades are also good. Right now I'm on the prowl for MT3 and MT4
drills, MT4 and MT5 centers, a D1-6 faceplate, CA (400) size
toolholders.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
I have more virgin electrical grade PTFE Teflon round rod than I'll
ever use. Lots of 1-1/2, 2, and 2-1/2 dia; some larger and smaller.
I'd like to get 20%-25% of McMaster price, depending on quantity,
extent of the surplus, etc. The stuff is on McM p.3574

Don't have my McM handy, but goddamm, that stuff must be an arm and 1/2
leg....
--
EA

Trades are also good. Right now I'm on the prowl for MT3 and MT4
drills, MT4 and MT5 centers, a D1-6 faceplate, CA (400) size
toolholders.

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 10:00:40 -0400, Ned Simmons
wrote:

I have more virgin electrical grade PTFE Teflon round rod than I'll
ever use. Lots of 1-1/2, 2, and 2-1/2 dia; some larger and smaller.
I'd like to get 20%-25% of McMaster price, depending on quantity,
extent of the surplus, etc. The stuff is on McM p.3574

Trades are also good. Right now I'm on the prowl for MT3 and MT4
drills, MT4 and MT5 centers, a D1-6 faceplate, CA (400) size
toolholders.

Not sure why I need it, but i don't have any. I do have too many
drills in that size range. email me what you're looking for
karltownsendATembarqmail.com

lets trade approximately equal retail values.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 10:00:40 -0400, Ned Simmons wrote:

I have more virgin electrical grade PTFE Teflon round rod than I'll
ever use. Lots of 1-1/2, 2, and 2-1/2 dia; some larger and smaller.
I'd like to get 20%-25% of McMaster price, depending on quantity,
extent of the surplus, etc. The stuff is on McM p.3574

Trades are also good. Right now I'm on the prowl for MT3 and MT4
drills, MT4 and MT5 centers, a D1-6 faceplate, CA (400) size
toolholders.

What kind of MT centers? Dead or live?

Gunner

--
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry
capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have more virgin electrical grade PTFE Teflon round rod than I'll
ever use. Lots of 1-1/2, 2, and 2-1/2 dia; some larger and smaller.
I'd like to get 20%-25% of McMaster price, depending on quantity,
extent of the surplus, etc. The stuff is on McM p.3574

Trades are also good. Right now I'm on the prowl for MT3 and MT4
drills, MT4 and MT5 centers, a D1-6 faceplate, CA (400) size
toolholders.

Not sure why I need it, but i don't have any. I do have too many
drills in that size range. email me what you're looking for
karltownsendATembarqmail.com

lets trade approximately equal retail values.

Karl

Sounds good to me, Karl. I'll email you with more specifics on drill
sizes.

There's a few more things I'd like to dispose of you or someone else
might be interested in.

B&S and Unitron toolmaker's microscopes
B&L stereozoom microscope
banding tool and seals
big spotfacers/c'bores
carbide inserts and cartridges
planer gage (Lufkin 901)
Mitutoyo digital mic head

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 08:51:19 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
.. .
I have more virgin electrical grade PTFE Teflon round rod than I'll
ever use. Lots of 1-1/2, 2, and 2-1/2 dia; some larger and smaller.
I'd like to get 20%-25% of McMaster price, depending on quantity,
extent of the surplus, etc. The stuff is on McM p.3574

Got any 1/8" ?

No, it's all at least 3/8", mostly over 3/4".

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 11:24:17 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 10:00:40 -0400, Ned Simmons wrote:

I have more virgin electrical grade PTFE Teflon round rod than I'll
ever use. Lots of 1-1/2, 2, and 2-1/2 dia; some larger and smaller.
I'd like to get 20%-25% of McMaster price, depending on quantity,
extent of the surplus, etc. The stuff is on McM p.3574

Trades are also good. Right now I'm on the prowl for MT3 and MT4
drills, MT4 and MT5 centers, a D1-6 faceplate, CA (400) size
toolholders.

What kind of MT centers? Dead or live?

Gunner

Ideally, 4MT live and 5MT dead.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ned Simmons writes:

What's this stuff normally used for? (would have guessed rollers or
some chemically resistant app so I am thrown by the electrical grade
mention)

PTFE also has some desirable electrical properties,

It's used up to the GHz range....not just power frequencies.

--
A host is a host from coast to

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 10:00:40 -0400, Ned Simmons wrote:

I have more virgin electrical grade PTFE Teflon round rod than I'll
ever use. Lots of 1-1/2, 2, and 2-1/2 dia; some larger and smaller.
I'd like to get 20%-25% of McMaster price, depending on quantity,
extent of the surplus, etc. The stuff is on McM p.3574

Trades are also good. Right now I'm on the prowl for MT3 and MT4
drills, MT4 and MT5 centers, a D1-6 faceplate, CA (400) size
toolholders.

What kind of MT centers? Dead or live?

Gunner

Ideally, 4MT live and 5MT dead.

Ive got a 5MT you can have simply for shipping. If you want to send
something in return..its up to you...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...82763130144018

Other stuff you might want to take a look at...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...602/NewForSale

Ill have to check and see what live 4MTs I have. Ive a bunch of 3MTs and
I usually use adapters..but I do have a few.

Gunner

--
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry
capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.
It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an
Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense
and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have
such a man for their? president.. Blaming the prince of the
fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of
fools that made him their prince".
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 01:47:42 +0000 (UTC), David Lesher
wrote:

Ned Simmons writes:

What's this stuff normally used for? (would have guessed rollers or
some chemically resistant app so I am thrown by the electrical grade
mention)

PTFE also has some desirable electrical properties,

It's used up to the GHz range....not just power frequencies.

The lot that the teflon came in also included a smaller amount of this
more unusual stuff:
http://www.rexolite.com/list.html#WHAT

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ned Simmons wrote:

B&L stereozoom microscope

I need a stereo microscope, but I doubt I can afford it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ned Simmons wrote in
:

wrote:

Ned Simmons writes:

What's this stuff normally used for? (would have guessed rollers or
some chemically resistant app so I am thrown by the electrical grade
mention)

PTFE also has some desirable electrical properties,

It's used up to the GHz range....not just power frequencies.

The lot that the teflon came in also included a smaller amount of this
more unusual stuff:
http://www.rexolite.com/list.html#WHAT

I do microwave circuit design, and we use Rexolite a fair amount. It's
basically polystyrene, but they have to make it using a special process.
The stabilizer chemical used for regular polystyrene is very lossy. I
think it's also more heavily cross linked than typical polystyrene. It
machines quite well, and doesn't melt as easily as the normal stuff.

The stabilizeer is really critical if you want to store or ship the
styrene monomer material. Once it starts cross-linking, it's exothermic.
The hotter it gets, the faster it cross-links, and you get a run-away
reaction which can easily end up in a fire. Dow chemical had a huge tank
of it that took off on them a number of years ago.

Doug White
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
I have more virgin electrical grade PTFE Teflon round rod than I'll
ever use. Lots of 1-1/2, 2, and 2-1/2 dia; some larger and smaller.
Ned Simmons

Are you willing / able to cut it up into $20 sample kits like Aircraft
Spruce does with leftover 4130 tubing? Theirs fit a 12" x 12" box.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 21:21:11 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
.. .
I have more virgin electrical grade PTFE Teflon round rod than I'll
ever use. Lots of 1-1/2, 2, and 2-1/2 dia; some larger and smaller.
Ned Simmons

Are you willing / able to cut it up into $20 sample kits like Aircraft
Spruce does with leftover 4130 tubing? Theirs fit a 12" x 12" box.

jsw

8" long pieces of sizes smaller than 1-1/2 dia would fit in USPS small
Flat Rate Box. But I don't have much that's smaller than 3/4" or 1".
Give me some idea of your preference and I'll see what works.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
I have more virgin electrical grade PTFE Teflon round rod than I'll
ever use. Lots of 1-1/2, 2, and 2-1/2 dia; some larger and smaller.
Ned Simmons

Are you willing / able to cut it up into $20 sample kits like Aircraft
Spruce does with leftover 4130 tubing? Theirs fit a 12" x 12" box.

jsw

8" long pieces of sizes smaller than 1-1/2 dia would fit in USPS small
Flat Rate Box. But I don't have much that's smaller than 3/4" or 1".
Give me some idea of your preference and I'll see what works.

USPS also has a Priority Mail Flat Rate padded envelope (9 x 12+-) for
$5. It could be stuffed with larger diams's.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 21:21:11 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
8" long pieces of sizes smaller than 1-1/2 dia would fit in USPS small
Flat Rate Box. But I don't have much that's smaller than 3/4" or 1".
Give me some idea of your preference and I'll see what works.
Ned Simmons

I might use slices off the rod for antenna insulators or repair parts for
old broken ceramic or plastic parts in test equipment. All I have now are
Delrin and PVC, OK for mechanical parts but lossy at UHF frequencies.

How would you ship the larger material?

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 14:04:33 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 21:21:11 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
8" long pieces of sizes smaller than 1-1/2 dia would fit in USPS small
Flat Rate Box. But I don't have much that's smaller than 3/4" or 1".
Give me some idea of your preference and I'll see what works.
Ned Simmons

I might use slices off the rod for antenna insulators or repair parts for
old broken ceramic or plastic parts in test equipment. All I have now are
Delrin and PVC, OK for mechanical parts but lossy at UHF frequencies.

How would you ship the larger material?

jsw

Sounds like little chunky pieces might work for you, in which case $20
worth might still fit in a small FRB, or one of the envelopes Bob
mentioned. If short, large diameter plus some slender pieces would
suit your needs, I'll look thru the bucket of cut-offs.

--
Ned Simmons