Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Air pop rivet tool

The subject has come up for me to use pop rivets along the edges of sheeting
rather than special stitching self drilling screws @ $.17 - $.26 per.

I have always wanted an air pop rivet tool, and it's one of those things
that if I had one, I'd probably use it more on some projects.

Question: Is this tool like a HF cheapie thing, or is it worth it to buy
one that will last a lifetime? And it seems they are all fairly
inexpensive, $25 - $60. Is it worth the extra dough to get a decent one
over the HF version, or is this a tool that will see such little use that a
cheap one will last long enough?

Brand name suggestions?

Steve

--

Heart surgery pending?
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com

pop rivet 'trade sizes', what's the deal anyway? ('reverse size'shopping - find rivets to fit the tool) dave Metalworking 10 October 3rd 09 11:36 AM
Wiki: Rivet NT[_2_] UK diy 29 June 22nd 09 08:58 PM
rivet gun Stupendous Man Metalworking 6 November 8th 07 04:14 AM
rivet? AE Todd Home Repair 16 April 11th 07 02:31 AM
How can I rivet mallets ? ? ? Wild Bill Metalworking 9 November 22nd 04 03:00 AM