Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wires wires is offline

Default Air pop rivet tool

replying to Steve B, wires wrote:
pittmanpirate wrote:

The subject has come up for me to use pop rivets along the edges of
sheeting
rather than special stitching self drilling screws @ $.17 - $.26 per.

I have always wanted an air pop rivet tool, and it's one of those
things
that if I had one, I'd probably use it more on some projects.

Question: Is this tool like a HF cheapie thing, or is it worth it to
buy
one that will last a lifetime? And it seems they are all fairly
inexpensive, $25 - $60. Is it worth the extra dough to get a decent
one
over the HF version, or is this a tool that will see such little use
that a
cheap one will last long enough?

Brand name suggestions?

Steve

from wires;

I tried the HarborFreight one. The gripper jaws wore out after only about
100 rivets. very poor quality steel in there. Buy something better. I'm
still shopping myself for a better one.

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ol-514530-.htm