Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What are those collets?

Any ideas? thanks

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8861.jpg.html
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8862.jpg.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-08-21, Ignoramus32042 wrote:
Any ideas? thanks

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8861.jpg.html
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8862.jpg.html

Look like tool-holding collets for milling machines. I've got
something similar with either 30-taper or 40-taper holder shank. The
problem is that there are quite a few which are similar, so it would
need precise dimensions to be sure.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus32042" wrote in message
Any ideas? thanks

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8861.jpg.html
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8862.jpg.html

FG series ( FULL GRIP )

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That looks like a nice tool post grinder as well - a few pages on.

I have a nice one for my machine. Grinding likes an oil drip for a fine
edge.

They seem to be to long for some double angle.

Can you tell the manufacture stamp on the collets ?

Martin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message
news:r9idnfcxV9uM6s3TnZ2dnUVZ_rSdnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

"Ignoramus32042" wrote in message
Any ideas? thanks

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8861.jpg.html
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8862.jpg.html

FG series ( FULL GRIP )

DIN 6388

http://www.centaurtools.com/index.ph...15&It emid=43

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-08-21, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message
news:r9idnfcxV9uM6s3TnZ2dnUVZ_rSdnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

"Ignoramus32042" wrote in message
Any ideas? thanks

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8861.jpg.html
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8862.jpg.html

FG series ( FULL GRIP )

DIN 6388

http://www.centaurtools.com/index.ph...15&It emid=43

Wow! You are truly awesome!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-08-21, Martin Eastburn wrote:
That looks like a nice tool post grinder as well - a few pages on.

It looks like the same one which I have for my 12x24" Clausing.
You've got some parts which I don't, including the holder for mounted
stones on 1/8" shanks. I forget the count of the different wheels which
come with it -- but you can still order them from DuMore -- and you can
download the manual.

O.K. Looking at the label on the motor, this one (like mine)
takes five pulleys total,and it looks as though you have #s 1, 3, and 5.

I don't see any of the flat belts. You do have the shatter
guard for the larger wheels, but it appears to be missing the side
plate.

The belt guard goes on the crank pointing to the right, and you
should have a wing nut for that.

Are you showing everything which was in the chest?

A convenient thing to make after you make a T-nut for your
compound is to make a spacer ring which fits around the post to hold the
height of the spindle so its center line matches that of the lathe's
spindle.

And, of course you probably know -- cover everything you can
with something like oil wetted newspaper before starting to grind, to
protect the precision surfaces of your lathe from the grit.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 22:28:26 -0500, Ignoramus32042

On 2011-08-21, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message
news:r9idnfcxV9uM6s3TnZ2dnUVZ_rSdnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

"Ignoramus32042" wrote in message
Any ideas? thanks

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8861.jpg.html
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8862.jpg.html

FG series ( FULL GRIP )

DIN 6388

http://www.centaurtools.com/index.ph...15&It emid=43

Wow! You are truly awesome!

There are only a few types of collets

http://shopswarf.orconhosting.net.nz/colletap.html
http://www.colletmanufacturer.com/tr...ine-collet.htm
http://drewco.rtrk.com/?scid=482234&kw=4239229
www.hardinge.com/usr/pdf/collet/2351.pdf

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/mill...ne-collet.html

So its Easy! to determine which is which..........

VBG

Gunner

--
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry
capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It was great to see you again, Ed. A pleasure.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus19535" wrote in message
It was great to see you again, Ed. A pleasure.

Same here, Iggy. I look forward to the next trip -- maybe sooner this time,
if those business meetings I had in the Chicago area work out. I have more
work to do to convert you to real beer. g

Those were two very interesting young guys who showed up just before I left.
It's great to see kids of that age really passionate about metalworking.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-08-21, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ignoramus19535" wrote in message
It was great to see you again, Ed. A pleasure.

Same here, Iggy. I look forward to the next trip -- maybe sooner this time,
if those business meetings I had in the Chicago area work out. I have more
work to do to convert you to real beer. g

Those were two very interesting young guys who showed up just before I left.
It's great to see kids of that age really passionate about metalworking.

Yep, interesting people.

H3 collets Paul G. Shultz Metalworking 3 January 10th 09 03:55 AM
Are 5c collets all the same? roninchuck Metalworking 5 September 25th 08 01:56 PM
5c collets Randy Metalworking 4 September 7th 07 03:16 PM
ISO B3 collets axolotl Metalworking 1 August 3rd 05 05:58 PM
Trying to ID some old collets GTO69RA4 Metalworking 8 December 5th 04 10:14 PM