Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What are those collets?

On 2011-08-21, Martin Eastburn wrote:
That looks like a nice tool post grinder as well - a few pages on.

It looks like the same one which I have for my 12x24" Clausing.
You've got some parts which I don't, including the holder for mounted
stones on 1/8" shanks. I forget the count of the different wheels which
come with it -- but you can still order them from DuMore -- and you can
download the manual.

O.K. Looking at the label on the motor, this one (like mine)
takes five pulleys total,and it looks as though you have #s 1, 3, and 5.

I don't see any of the flat belts. You do have the shatter
guard for the larger wheels, but it appears to be missing the side
plate.

The belt guard goes on the crank pointing to the right, and you
should have a wing nut for that.

Are you showing everything which was in the chest?

A convenient thing to make after you make a T-nut for your
compound is to make a spacer ring which fits around the post to hold the
height of the spindle so its center line matches that of the lathe's
spindle.

And, of course you probably know -- cover everything you can
with something like oil wetted newspaper before starting to grind, to
protect the precision surfaces of your lathe from the grit.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564