Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 17 spline shaft

I'm restoring a 1964 garden tractor. The shaft for the cone clutch is
17 spline. In all my searching, I only find 16 and 20. The OD measured
0.7550.

Is there a 17 that is standard? Sources? What I actually need is the
interior spline bushing (with or without flange) that slides on the
shaft.

Andy
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
I'm restoring a 1964 garden tractor. The shaft for the cone clutch is
17 spline. In all my searching, I only find 16 and 20. The OD measured
0.7550.

Is there a 17 that is standard? Sources? What I actually need is the
interior spline bushing (with or without flange) that slides on the
shaft.

Andy

Do you have a copy of the Machiery Handbook? It may be in there...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:11:05 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
I'm restoring a 1964 garden tractor. The shaft for the cone clutch is
17 spline. In all my searching, I only find 16 and 20. The OD measured
0.7550.

Is there a 17 that is standard? Sources? What I actually need is the
interior spline bushing (with or without flange) that slides on the
shaft.

Andy

Do you have a copy of the Machiery Handbook? It may be in there...

That is one of the places I found 16 and 20 in that OD.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 11, 10:38*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:11:05 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"

wrote:
wrote in message
.. .
I'm restoring a 1964 garden tractor. The shaft for the cone clutch is
17 spline. In all my searching, I only find 16 and 20. The OD measured
0.7550.

Is there a 17 that is standard? Sources? What I actually need is the
interior spline bushing (with or without flange) that slides on the
shaft.

Andy

Do you have a copy of the Machiery Handbook? *It may be in there...

That is one of the places I found 16 and 20 in that OD.

Very likely that it could be a special. We do them all the time.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Various pumps generators and other power equipment utilize splined drive
shafts, so some suitable parts may be found at some surplus dealers,
including aircraft surplus dealers.

--
WB

wrote in message
I'm restoring a 1964 garden tractor. The shaft for the cone clutch is
17 spline. In all my searching, I only find 16 and 20. The OD measured
0.7550.

Is there a 17 that is standard? Sources? What I actually need is the
interior spline bushing (with or without flange) that slides on the
shaft.

Andy

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:38:02 -0400, "Wild_Bill"
wrote:

Various pumps generators and other power equipment utilize splined drive
shafts, so some suitable parts may be found at some surplus dealers,
including aircraft surplus dealers.

Good thinking. I have a jet fuel control. I'll look at it.

spline jig Patt Woodworking 2 December 20th 06 12:41 PM
spline cuts Patt Woodworking 3 August 6th 06 02:17 AM
Spline joint vs. biscuits? Dukes909 Woodworking 5 February 15th 06 04:53 PM
Installing FLAT Screen Spline - How To? [email protected] Home Repair 2 March 28th 05 07:46 PM
making a spline shaft and golf cart motors Jon Elson Metalworking 3 August 12th 04 01:22 PM