Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT 60 w T12 bulbs???

While looking for some replacement bulbs at a Lowes building center, I
came across T12 bulbs that were 60w. These bulbs had a socket instead
of pins on the end. WHat type of a fixture uses these bulbs. Does one
get proportionately more light for the 50% increase in wattage? I did
a very quick Google search and while I did find a statement that a
special ballast is needed, I found very little else other than online
merchants hawking their bulbs.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
While looking for some replacement bulbs at a Lowes building center, I
came across T12 bulbs that were 60w. These bulbs had a socket instead
of pins on the end. WHat type of a fixture uses these bulbs. Does one
get proportionately more light for the 50% increase in wattage? I did
a very quick Google search and while I did find a statement that a
special ballast is needed, I found very little else other than online
merchants hawking their bulbs.

www1.eere.energy.gov/femp/pdfs/fluor_lamps.pdf

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 27, 10:23*pm, "Artemus" wrote:

www1.eere.energy.gov/femp/pdfs/fluor_lamps.pdf

Artemus: Thanks for the link but unfortunately the tube / lamp was
not listed. What I forgot to mention in either posting is that this
is a ** 4 ft ** tube, labeled as a T12 60w.

In 2012, will I be able to order round light bulbs from Canada orsome other foreign country or will they be illegally manufactruing roundlight bulbs and selling them on the internet? Chris Tsao Home Repair 19 March 12th 11 04:09 AM
UV bulbs beerismygas Home Repair 2 April 29th 09 01:30 AM
Excellent deal on Landscape Bulbs and Security Bulbs [email protected][_2_] Home Repair 1 November 1st 08 02:06 AM
Comparison of Low Energy bulbs (was Compulsory low-energy light-bulbs) Derek Geldard UK diy 1 March 16th 07 04:52 PM
OT - Bulbs Sue Metalworking 0 October 5th 05 01:27 AM