Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy333 Randy333 is offline

Default OT 60 w T12 bulbs???

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 18:51:21 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

While looking for some replacement bulbs at a Lowes building center, I
came across T12 bulbs that were 60w. These bulbs had a socket instead
of pins on the end. WHat type of a fixture uses these bulbs. Does one
get proportionately more light for the 50% increase in wattage? I did
a very quick Google search and while I did find a statement that a
special ballast is needed, I found very little else other than online
merchants hawking their bulbs.

They were most likely F40T12HO Niote the HO on the end Stands for
High Output. You need a HO ballast for HO lamps. and of course a
fixture with the proper lamp holders.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy