Posted to alt.home.repair

Default In 2012, will I be able to order round light bulbs from Canada orsome other foreign country or will they be illegally manufactruing roundlight bulbs and selling them on the internet?

In 2012, will I be able to order round light bulbs from Canada or some
other foreign country or will they be illegally manufactruing round
light bulbs and selling them on the internet?
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

"Chris Tsao" wrote in message
In 2012, will I be able to order round light bulbs from Canada or some
other foreign country or will they be illegally manufactruing round
light bulbs and selling them on the internet?

Being banned in Canada too, it seems that regular bulbs waste energy
producing heat, and we wouldn't want to add any extra heat to our houses
during the 6 to 8 month winter that we have.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/26/2011 3:13 PM Chris Tsao spake thus:

In 2012, will I be able to order round light bulbs from Canada or some
other foreign country or will they be illegally manufactruing round
light bulbs and selling them on the internet?

not entirely "banned". Lots of exceptions.

[cue response from Don Klipstein here]

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default In 2012, will I be able to order round light bulbs from Canada snipped

You'll probably only be able to buy repair kits. *You'll have to save
the dead bulbs, open them up and replace the filaments. *Bulbs will
not be allowed to be sold, but repair kits will be legal. *Selling
them on the internet will likely be banned and sellers will get prison
time. *It's just like when they jacked up the taxes for cigarettes in
most (or all) states, people were selling them on the internet. *Then
the govt. began arresting the sellers adn making the buyers pay all
state taxes for the amounts of cigs they bought.
You can legally buy and sell cig rollers, papers, filters, and other
smoking devices online, just not tobacco.

Remember, America is a FREE Country, as long as you PAY FOR YOUR
FREEDOM.

Thanks. Maybe I'll take the trouble to do this. I heard on the radio
last night that some of these light bulbs can dim. I got a new lamp
last week that takes 150 watt light bulbs and the lamp dims, so with
my luck theywon't male 150 watt light bulbs that dim. I Know I can
stock up on them like a survivalist.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 26, 6:13*pm, Chris Tsao wrote:

In 2012, will I be able to order round light bulbs from Canada or some
other foreign country or will they be illegally manufactruing round
light bulbs and selling them on the internet?

What about those small light bulbs that are a 1/4 of the size of
regular light bulbs that are used for chandeliers, are they going to
be banned too? I have a chandelier that takes four of them and you the
sit lamp shades on top of the light bulbs and if they make squiggly
ones this size, the lamp shades might not fit correctly. The light
bulbs are in the shape of a fire flame.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 26, 11:13*pm, Chris Tsao wrote:
In 2012, will I be able to order round light bulbs from Canada or some
other foreign country or will they be illegally manufactruing round
light bulbs and selling them on the internet?

Well you won't get them from Europe, they are illegal here too.
Some shopkeepers are hoarding them and selling at vast profit I hear.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Chris Tsao wrote:

What about those small light bulbs that are a 1/4 of the size of
regular light bulbs that are used for chandeliers, are they going to
be banned too? I have a chandelier that takes four of them and you the
sit lamp shades on top of the light bulbs and if they make squiggly
ones this size, the lamp shades might not fit correctly. The light
bulbs are in the shape of a fire flame.

http://members.misty.com/don/incban.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 26, 6:13*pm, Chris Tsao wrote:
In 2012, will I be able to order round light bulbs from Canada or some
other foreign country or will they be illegally manufactruing round
light bulbs and selling them on the internet?

You will be able to buy them on the internet HOWEVER homeland security
will grab and take you to a black prison for torture because you will
be blatantly breaking the law....

Posted to alt.home.repair

What about those small light bulbs that are a 1/4 of the size of
regular light bulbs that are used for chandeliers

Those will still be legal, as will those for fixtures where the bulb
is exposed as part of the aesthetic look, requiring the bulb to be
clear instead of soft white or something similar.

Look for parts of the law to be repealed once the general public
discovers that compact fluorescent light bulbs aren't technologically
ready (mainly in that they don't last as long as advertised and don't
last long at all if they are often turned on for 15 minutes or less).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 07:23:32 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

What about those small light bulbs that are a 1/4 of the size of
regular light bulbs that are used for chandeliers

Those will still be legal, as will those for fixtures where the bulb
is exposed as part of the aesthetic look, requiring the bulb to be
clear instead of soft white or something similar.

AIUI, not if the bulb is a Edison medium-base regular clear light bulb, as all
mine are.

Look for parts of the law to be repealed once the general public
discovers that compact fluorescent light bulbs aren't technologically
ready (mainly in that they don't last as long as advertised and don't
last long at all if they are often turned on for 15 minutes or less).

Which almost all of ours are (turned on for 15 minutes or less). Only the
kitchen lights run longer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Chris Tsao typed:
On Jan 26, 6:13 pm, Chris Tsao wrote:

In 2012, will I be able to order round light bulbs from
Canada or some other foreign country or will they be
illegally manufactruing round light bulbs and selling them
on the internet?

What about those small light bulbs that are a 1/4 of the
size of regular light bulbs that are used for chandeliers,
are they going to be banned too? I have a chandelier that
takes four of them and you the sit lamp shades on top of
the light bulbs and if they make squiggly ones this size,
the lamp shades might not fit correctly. The light bulbs
are in the shape of a fire flame.

It's all BS. If you go an research the subject a bit, like at a .gov site,
you'll find residential light bulbs aren't part of the banning.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Andrew Barss wrote:
wrote:
: What about those small light bulbs that are a 1/4 of the size of
: regular light bulbs that are used for chandeliers

Those are not affected by the 2012-2014 USA ban.

: Those will still be legal, as will those for fixtures where the bulb
: is exposed as part of the aesthetic look, requiring the bulb to be
: clear instead of soft white or something similar.

The are exemptions on basis of base type/size and bulb shape/size.
Everything with base other than E26/E27 "medium screw" "right hand thread"
is exempt, including "candelabra base". Also exempt are flame-shape bulbs
and some sizes of globular bulbs.

Clearness of bulb is not exempt - look for exemption on basis of base
shape/size and bulb shape/size.

: Look for parts of the law to be repealed once the general public
: discovers that compact fluorescent light bulbs aren't technologically
: ready

Let's hope. I hate CFLs, after giving them a good solid try for a couple
of years. Can't stand them. (and for CFL likers, good for you, but I
really have tried near every brand and claimed color range on the market).

Ask me, , for the best CFLs that I know for your specific
applications and your specific color preferences. Please state your color
complaints and other complaints of the CFLs that you tried.

They're a transition technology, so I think they'll never be ready.
I'm hoping affordable LED replacements for incandescents will become
available before the incandesents disappear.

It appears to me that there's going to be a bit of a gap.
--
- Don Klipstein )
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Andrew Barss" wrote

Let's hope. I hate CFLs, after giving them a good solid try for a couple
of years. Can't stand them. (and for CFL likers, good for you, but I
really
have tried near every brand and claimed color range on the market).

They're a transition technology, so I think they'll never be ready.
I'm hoping affordable LED replacements for incandescents will become
available
before the incandesents disappear.

-- Andy Barss

How long since you've tried? Five years ago I'd agree with you, but I use
them today. Very much improved. LED light is still too blue for comfort
but I imagine it will be better too. I think that is the future.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The cfl's are not compatible with my remotes for X10. If the alarm
goes off, no auto lighting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Thomas" wrote in message
The cfl's are not compatible with my remotes for X10. If the alarm
goes off, no auto lighting.

They are compatible with all non dimming X-10 modules, such as Appliance
Modules, canopy modules, remote receiver modules, and special fluorescent
capable switches. I have lots of CFs that are controlled by X-10 remotes.
--
Peace,
BobJ

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Marilyn & Bob typed:
:: "Thomas" wrote in message
:: ...
::: The cfl's are not compatible with my remotes for X10. If
::: the alarm goes off, no auto lighting.
::
:: They are compatible with all non dimming X-10 modules,

No, they're not. You might be getting along, but ... see below.

:: such as Appliance Modules, canopy modules, remote receiver
:: modules, and special fluorescent capable switches. I have
:: lots of CFs that are controlled by X-10 remotes. --
:: Peace,
:: BobJ

But you're using CFL compatible (flourescent) X-10 components. If not,
you'll see early burnouts of either the CFL and/or the X-10 device.
Questions like this deserve full answers IMO. X-10 makes that information
very clear if you read their instructions on the various products or their
wiki.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Twayne" wrote in message
In ,
Marilyn & Bob typed:
:: "Thomas" wrote in message
::
::: The cfl's are not compatible with my remotes for X10. If
::: the alarm goes off, no auto lighting.
::
:: They are compatible with all non dimming X-10 modules,

No, they're not. You might be getting along, but ... see below.

:: such as Appliance Modules, canopy modules, remote receiver
:: modules, and special fluorescent capable switches. I have
:: lots of CFs that are controlled by X-10 remotes. --
:: Peace,
:: BobJ

But you're using CFL compatible (flourescent) X-10 components. If not,
you'll see early burnouts of either the CFL and/or the X-10 device.
Questions like this deserve full answers IMO. X-10 makes that information
very clear if you read their instructions on the various products or their
wiki.

What makes them compatible? Mine are 25 years old and work with CFL. The
CFL was not invented when mine were built.

More on light bulbs ... Arfa Daily UK diy 142 September 15th 10 01:35 PM
Excellent deal on Landscape Bulbs and Security Bulbs [email protected][_2_] Home Repair 1 November 1st 08 02:06 AM
Comparison of Low Energy bulbs (was Compulsory low-energy light-bulbs) Derek Geldard UK diy 1 March 16th 07 04:52 PM
light bulbs FH Home Repair 16 February 22nd 07 02:52 AM
600 C-9 light bulbs gus Home Repair 20 December 23rd 06 06:02 PM