Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rod recommendations...

On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 14:57:28 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

This weekend I'll be doing some modifications to some shipping
containers, simple stuff like adding some side doors. I'll be dragging
out my Powermax 1K and my Syncro 250 for this. In my shop I pretty much
TIG everything, but for this out in the field I'll have to do stick.
Looking for rod recommendations that will be easiest to run for this
minimally structural application.

Thanks,

Pete C.

If the base material is plain low carbon steel akin to A36 and you
just want to get it done, especially if the welds are out of position:
6010

If the base material is an alloy steel prone to cracking and will be
stressed, and/or you're concerned with cosmetics: 7018

If the material is plain low carbon lighter than 1/8" or so: 6013

If there are a lot of long seams in the flat position, consider a
fast-fill rod, for example, 7024.

--
Ned Simmons

Recommendations for tap/die set [email protected] Woodworking 10 July 3rd 10 03:01 AM
Recommendations Jb UK diy 20 September 9th 07 12:35 PM
tig recommendations? afdr9lk Metalworking 2 August 5th 05 06:19 PM
need two recommendations Joe C Woodworking 14 June 6th 05 02:28 PM
RO recommendations EL Home Repair 4 November 28th 03 04:33 PM