Joe C

Default need two recommendations

In the market for two new tools (lucky me!).

Can I get the wRECk's opinions/stories on their favorite/most hated jigsaws
and/or job-site tablesaws?

TIA,

jc

gmd

hey I am a master cabinetmaker and I will only use the bosch barrel Jigsaw
it is the best. I have had mine for about 10 years and I put it through the
wringer everyday and it has never let me down. I have been in the business
for over twenty years , this is the best I have ever seen.

"Joe C" wrote in message
In the market for two new tools (lucky me!).

Can I get the wRECk's opinions/stories on their favorite/most hated

jigsaws
and/or job-site tablesaws?

TIA,

jc

no(SPAM)vasys

Joe C wrote:
In the market for two new tools (lucky me!).

Can I get the wRECk's opinions/stories on their favorite/most hated jigsaws
and/or job-site tablesaws?

TIA,

jc

My favorite jigsaw is the Bosch 1587AVSP.

At the last construction job I worked on they brought in a Powermatic
cabinet saw so I'm a bit biased on this item but I've recently used a
Bosch 4000-07 and a Craftsman 21830 and I think they both suck.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Joe C wrote:
In the market for two new tools (lucky me!).

Can I get the wRECk's opinions/stories on their favorite/most hated jigsaws
and/or job-site tablesaws?

Jigsaws (Best): No question: the bosch 1590EVSK
(Worst): No question here either: the Black and Decker POS

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Unquestionably Confused

David wrote:
Actually, there is a worse jigsaw; a Wen, circa 1974. (Not that the B&D
is so great.)

Never had their jig saw but had -- for a couple of months until I showed
it the inside of the trash can -- their reciprocating saw of that era.

Truly a POS. Had that quaint drive train like the early PC Biscuit
cutter (forget the model number) that bucked conventional wisdom. In
Wen's case, at least, everyone could say "I told you so!"

Edwin Pawlowski

"David" wrote in message
Actually, there is a worse jigsaw; a Wen, circa 1974. (Not that the B&D
is so great.)

Dave

Sort of like saying I don't like to eat at Subway because the ambiance is
not as nice as McDonalds. True, but pathetic.

I'd probably use a jig saw a lot more if I had a Bosch rather than the B&D
POS

Robatoy

In article ,
"Joe C" wrote:

In the market for two new tools (lucky me!).

Can I get the wRECk's opinions/stories on their favorite/most hated jigsaws
and/or job-site tablesaws?

TIA,

jc

Don't listen to the other guys, Joe..*G*

Milwaukee makes a great jigsaw. I used Bosch for a decade, still think
it's good, but just love that Milwaukee.

The 2400 Ridgid jobsite saw is surprisingly good for the money, but I
hear raves about a Bosch of similar quality. Didn't FWW just do a
bake-off?..Or was it FHB? You won't go wrong with either.
woodworker88

I use a skil variable speed jigsaw with variable orbital settings to
cut everything from 3/4" plywood to plexiglas to pvc pipe to thin sheet
metal. Does all of these easily and more. I have the older version of
model 4380-02
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...-D25X-_-167215

Leon

Typically the Bosch and the Milwaukee fall into the favorite category. You
cannot go wrong with either. HOWEVER, Look for the ones with the QUICK
BLADE CHANGE FEATURE. QUICK in this case is described as "1" second to
remove the blade and 3 or 4 seconds to replace the blade. The latest Bosch
has this feature and Milwaukee has had this feature for 5+ years.

One to stay away from is the next to the last generation DeWalt, they have
a documented history of spitting out the blade during use. I would have
never believe it until my friends DeWalt did this repeatedly to me. The
latest version may have addressed the problem.

"Joe C" wrote in message
In the market for two new tools (lucky me!).

Can I get the wRECk's opinions/stories on their favorite/most hated
jigsaws and/or job-site tablesaws?

TIA,

jc

Sweet Sawdust

I have one of those too! Great little saw for the money (mine cost as much
as a Bosch when I got it years ago), alas it is a thing of the past though,
haven't seen one for sale for in about 10 years. Go for the bosh
"woodworker88" wrote in message
ups.com...
I use a skil variable speed jigsaw with variable orbital settings to
cut everything from 3/4" plywood to plexiglas to pvc pipe to thin sheet
metal. Does all of these easily and more. I have the older version of
model 4380-02

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...-D25X-_-167215

Bill Davis Jr

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 10:44:00 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

Typically the Bosch and the Milwaukee fall into the favorite category. You
cannot go wrong with either. HOWEVER, Look for the ones with the QUICK
BLADE CHANGE FEATURE. QUICK in this case is described as "1" second to
remove the blade and 3 or 4 seconds to replace the blade. The latest Bosch
has this feature and Milwaukee has had this feature for 5+ years.

I saw the Bosch one the other day at a HD. Almost wanted to buy one
but I was there for something else.
Prometheus

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 22:51:32 GMT, "Joe C"
wrote:

In the market for two new tools (lucky me!).

Can I get the wRECk's opinions/stories on their favorite/most hated jigsaws
and/or job-site tablesaws?

Most hated jigsaw- the Black and Decker. Should have been obvious,
but I only needed it for one project, and it didn't even work right
for that.

Joe C

Been away from the computer for a few days. Thank you everyone for the
recommendations. I've decided on the Bosch barrel grip 1591EVSK. This
fills the immediate need, still not decided on the site saw...

Thanks again,

Joe C.