Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More stuff added to the For Sale/Swap/Trade pagey thingy

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 02:24:33 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/NewForSale

Gunner

Let me know when you hit a MT 4.5 center.

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/NewForSale

Gunner

Let me know when you hit a MT 4.5 center.

SW

Got some dimensions? Live center or "solid"?

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/NewForSale

Gunner

Let me know when you hit a MT 4.5 center.

Me too!

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More stuff WITH NO PROOF OF OWNERSHIP added to the ForSale/Swap/Trade pagey thingy

wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/NewForSale

Gunner

Let me know when you hit a MT 4.5 center.

SW

Got some dimensions? *Live center or "solid"?

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Got PROOF OF OWNERSHIP?

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/NewForSale

Gunner

Let me know when you hit a MT 4.5 center.

Me too!

Enjoy,
DoN.

If anyone has dimensions for a 4.5..Il post it in my shop and hunt
around some other shops for them.

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/NewForSale

Gunner

Let me know when you hit a MT 4.5 center.

SW

Got some dimensions? Live center or "solid"?

Well ... for me, solid.

From _Machinery's Handbook_:

Taper: 0.62400"/foot
Diam @ Gauge line: 1.50000"

It is only in the ANSI tapers -- table 5 in my 25th edition. Page 910.

That table has a mix of B&S tapers for the smallest three, Morse
tapers 1 though 7, with 4-1/2 added in the middle, because it is a good
fit for a lathe spindle which takes 5C collets with a nosepiece. And
then finally, some unnamed taper from #200 through #1200 with
0.750"/Foot taper.

I've made adaptors for MT-2 and MT-3 to fit that spindle, but
having a real soft center to be trued up right in the spindle should
give me an even better center for when I do work between centers.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/NewForSale

Gunner

Let me know when you hit a MT 4.5 center.

SW

Got some dimensions? Live center or "solid"?

Well ... for me, solid.

From _Machinery's Handbook_:

Taper: 0.62400"/foot
Diam @ Gauge line: 1.50000"

It is only in the ANSI tapers -- table 5 in my 25th edition. Page 910.

That table has a mix of B&S tapers for the smallest three, Morse
tapers 1 though 7, with 4-1/2 added in the middle, because it is a good
fit for a lathe spindle which takes 5C collets with a nosepiece. And
then finally, some unnamed taper from #200 through #1200 with
0.750"/Foot taper.

I've made adaptors for MT-2 and MT-3 to fit that spindle, but
having a real soft center to be trued up right in the spindle should
give me an even better center for when I do work between centers.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Saved and Ill check in my Stuff and with my buds. Im going to LA in the
morning and will be gone most of the week.

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/NewForSale

Gunner

Let me know when you hit a MT 4.5 center.

SW

Got some dimensions? Live center or "solid"?

Well ... for me, solid.

From _Machinery's Handbook_:

Taper: 0.62400"/foot
Diam @ Gauge line: 1.50000"

It is only in the ANSI tapers -- table 5 in my 25th edition. Page 910.

That table has a mix of B&S tapers for the smallest three, Morse
tapers 1 though 7, with 4-1/2 added in the middle, because it is a good
fit for a lathe spindle which takes 5C collets with a nosepiece. And
then finally, some unnamed taper from #200 through #1200 with
0.750"/Foot taper.

I've made adaptors for MT-2 and MT-3 to fit that spindle, but
having a real soft center to be trued up right in the spindle should
give me an even better center for when I do work between centers.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Saved and Ill check in my Stuff and with my buds. Im going to LA in the
morning and will be gone most of the week.

Gunner

No 4.5s. Ive got a number of 4s..and a few 5s..but nothing in between.

Ill check this week

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/NewForSale

Gunner

Let me know when you hit a MT 4.5 center.

SW

Got some dimensions? Live center or "solid"?

Gunner

Solid, need one for my old Lodge & Shipley to aligned the tail stock.
First pour of aluminum was to make the oil slingers and that failed.
Working on the torch to braze handles on, so no big rush. Been working
on it longer than I've been on here.

I made one out of wood long ago and did the numbers stuff a couple of
weeks ago for the first one you offered.

http://www.victornet.com/reference/Morse_Jacobs.html

My numbers and this site match without a doubt.

Need another for the tail stock also, but your pictures got me to look
up the spindle end, not to mention the hour or so to find the wood
copy.

Side note; Wife wanted me to throw away a queen futon and decided to
make a shop couch. So, I took apart two single spring frames and made
them narrower and share a common angle for the springs. She walks in
and asked me why I had jumper cables hooked up to the frame. I can't
stop giggling about it, it's for the welder honey.

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 5 Jul 2011 04:13:13 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

[ ... ]

Let me know when you hit a MT 4.5 center.

SW

Got some dimensions? Live center or "solid"?

Well ... for me, solid.

From _Machinery's Handbook_:

[...]

Thanks! Likely to not be found, because even Clausing shipped
the lathe with an adaptor down to some standard smaller taper. They
used MT 4.5 because it was a good fit for a spindle for 5C collets.
MT-4 is too small, MT-5 is too large (need bigger bearings and more meat
in the nose adaptor -- and bigger chuck backplates. This one had to fit
in a L-00 nosepiece.

Thanks again -- but no great hope.
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 5 Jul 2011 04:13:13 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

[ ... ]

Let me know when you hit a MT 4.5 center.

SW

Got some dimensions? Live center or "solid"?

Well ... for me, solid.

From _Machinery's Handbook_:

[...]

Delta used a modified MT5, basically the smaller end. Also to fit L00
nose and 5C collets. This was according to a Royal technician.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 5 Jul 2011 04:13:13 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

[ ... ]

Let me know when you hit a MT 4.5 center.

SW

Got some dimensions? Live center or "solid"?

Well ... for me, solid.

From _Machinery's Handbook_:

[...]

Clausing 5900 series lathes came with a MT 4.5 to MT4 adapter, a heavy
tapered ring, and people parting 5900 lathes out may have these adapter
rings for sale.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-08, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,

On 2011-07-05, Gunner Asch wrote:

[ ... ]

No 4.5s. Ive got a number of 4s..and a few 5s..but nothing in between.

Ill check this week

Thanks! Likely to not be found, because even Clausing shipped
the lathe with an adaptor down to some standard smaller taper. They
used MT 4.5 because it was a good fit for a spindle for 5C collets.
MT-4 is too small, MT-5 is too large (need bigger bearings and more meat
in the nose adaptor -- and bigger chuck backplates. This one had to fit
in a L-00 nosepiece.

Clausing 5900 series lathes came with a MT 4.5 to MT4 adapter, a heavy
tapered ring, and people parting 5900 lathes out may have these adapter
rings for sale.

I made my own -- to MT-3 and MT-2. But a factory one to MT-4
would be nice to have.

Thanks,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 5 Jul 2011 04:13:13 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

[ ... ]

Let me know when you hit a MT 4.5 center.

SW

Got some dimensions? Live center or "solid"?

Well ... for me, solid.

From _Machinery's Handbook_:

[...]

Ive put the word out and someone will likely get back to me. Best I can
promise is to find one of the adapters..if you dont have one.

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 5 Jul 2011 04:13:13 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

[ ... ]

Let me know when you hit a MT 4.5 center.

[ ... ]

Thanks! Likely to not be found, because even Clausing shipped
the lathe with an adaptor down to some standard smaller taper. They
used MT 4.5 because it was a good fit for a spindle for 5C collets.
MT-4 is too small, MT-5 is too large (need bigger bearings and more meat
in the nose adaptor -- and bigger chuck backplates. This one had to fit
in a L-00 nosepiece.

Thanks again -- but no great hope.
DoN.

Ive put the word out and someone will likely get back to me. Best I can
promise is to find one of the adapters..if you dont have one.

O.K. If you find two -- I would like the second one. I've
already made the MT-2 and MT-3 versions, and IIRC the other poster did
not have anything of the sort, so he gets first dibs.

Thanks,
DoN.