Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More stuff added to the For Sale/Swap/Trade pagey thingy

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 21:58:24 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On 5 Jul 2011 04:13:13 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2011-07-05, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 18:12:11 -0500, Sunworshipper SW@GWNTUNDRA wrote:

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 02:24:33 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/NewForSale

Gunner

Let me know when you hit a MT 4.5 center.

SW

Got some dimensions? Live center or "solid"?

Well ... for me, solid.

From _Machinery's Handbook_:

Taper: 0.62400"/foot
Diam @ Gauge line: 1.50000"

It is only in the ANSI tapers -- table 5 in my 25th edition. Page 910.

That table has a mix of B&S tapers for the smallest three, Morse
tapers 1 though 7, with 4-1/2 added in the middle, because it is a good
fit for a lathe spindle which takes 5C collets with a nosepiece. And
then finally, some unnamed taper from #200 through #1200 with
0.750"/Foot taper.

I've made adaptors for MT-2 and MT-3 to fit that spindle, but
having a real soft center to be trued up right in the spindle should
give me an even better center for when I do work between centers.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Saved and Ill check in my Stuff and with my buds. Im going to LA in the
morning and will be gone most of the week.

Gunner

No 4.5s. Ive got a number of 4s..and a few 5s..but nothing in between.

Ill check this week

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.