Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT -- more shots in the dark.

As part of the effort to reduce the costs of government, a
drive is to be implemented to reduce/consolidate the number
of governmental data centers. The problem is there is
almost no data on utilization of either storage or
bandwidth, thus this is simply firing more shots in the dark
in the hopes of hitting something. If history is any guide,
some of the centers eliminated will be high utilization
sites, followed by great lamentations about the degradation
in service and loss of data.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...ter_use. html

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/01/2011 11:11 AM, F. George McDuffee wrote:
As part of the effort to reduce the costs of government, a
drive is to be implemented to reduce/consolidate the number
of governmental data centers. The problem is there is
almost no data on utilization of either storage or
bandwidth, thus this is simply firing more shots in the dark
in the hopes of hitting something. If history is any guide,
some of the centers eliminated will be high utilization
sites, followed by great lamentations about the degradation
in service and loss of data.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...ter_use. html

Followed by even more expense to recover lost data and set up new data
centers, of course.

Any faith I had in the sincerity of Republicans of actually saving
taxpayer money went out the window when they rammed a bill through the
legislature to send Oregon's "kicker" tax refunds as checks rather than
just allowing them to be taken off the next year's taxes. It was
nothing but a way to spend tax money on a free campaign gimmick, and it
still is.

Because I'm not in the tax bracket that controls corporate campaign
spending, I'm only on the Republican radar as someone to be bamboozled
into voting for them. Because I'm not in a union, Democrats ditto.

Damn, I love being an American!

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

OT -- flu shots Stormin Mormon Home Repair 27 February 2nd 11 06:35 PM
Shop shots Joe Woodworking 7 October 29th 07 03:17 PM
Some quick handheld shots (1/4) Joel Kolstad Electronic Schematics 0 April 16th 07 02:38 AM
Another one for you gun types :-) Dog shots man Machineman Metalworking 0 September 12th 04 05:12 PM