Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Comm check

I signed up for the Eternal-September newsreader and posted this to see if I
exist.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
I signed up for the Eternal-September newsreader and posted this to
see if I exist.

jsw

You do , but I've been having problems connecting with e-s for a couple of
days . Must be fixed now ...

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Snag wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:
I signed up for the Eternal-September newsreader and posted this to
see if I exist.

jsw

You do , but I've been having problems connecting with e-s for a
couple of days . Must be fixed now ...

--
Snag
Learning keeps
you young !

And I still can't connect - I'm hooked to tera for most groups and keep e-s
as a backup , read one group there to keep the account active .

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message
Snag wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:
I signed up for the Eternal-September newsreader and posted this to
see if I exist.
jsw

You do , but I've been having problems connecting with e-s for a
couple of days . Must be fixed now ...
Snag

And I still can't connect - I'm hooked to tera for most groups and keep
e-s as a backup , read one group there to keep the account active .
Snag

Google Groups has been down since June 25. Sunspots? Gypsies?

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message
Snag wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:
I signed up for the Eternal-September newsreader and posted this to
see if I exist.
jsw

You do , but I've been having problems connecting with e-s for a
couple of days . Must be fixed now ...
Snag

And I still can't connect - I'm hooked to tera for most groups and
keep e-s as a backup , read one group there to keep the account
active . Snag

Google Groups has been down since June 25. Sunspots? Gypsies?

jsw

I'd have no idea , never used it .

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 07:08:21 -0500
"Snag" wrote:

Snag wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:
I signed up for the Eternal-September newsreader and posted this to
see if I exist.

jsw

You do , but I've been having problems connecting with e-s for a
couple of days . Must be fixed now ...

--
Snag
Learning keeps
you young !

And I still can't connect - I'm hooked to tera for most groups and keep e-s
as a backup , read one group there to keep the account active .

I've been using it (Eternal-September) the past few days without any
drama. Only odd thing I noticed is Harold Vordos posts aren't coming
through. Suspect that his news provider isn't being scanned/updated at
Eternal-September. Every so often I notice his signature in some quoted
material but not the original post.

Here is the address I've been using right along:

news.eternal-september.org

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Leon Fisk wrote:

I've been using it (Eternal-September) the past few days without any
drama. Only odd thing I noticed is Harold Vordos posts aren't coming
through. Suspect that his news provider isn't being scanned/updated at
Eternal-September. Every so often I notice his signature in some quoted
material but not the original post.

Here is the address I've been using right along:

news.eternal-september.org

news:alt.free.newsservers is a group that discusses free usenet
servers. You might want to find a few spares, just in case.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote:

Snag wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:
[...]

Im quite happy with Giganews at $4.95 a month.

https://www.giganews.com/signup/

See their plans and rates.

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
... Im quite happy with Giganews at $4.95 a month.
https://www.giganews.com/signup/
See their plans and rates.
Gunner

I like Google Groups when it functions. It lacks filtering but the spam died
down a while ago and the hatemongering is easier to ignore than TV
commercials. It allows redirecting an idiot's followups to alt.dev.null like
the Mac newsreader I formerly used.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-29, Jim Wilkins wrote:
I signed up for the Eternal-September newsreader and posted this to see if I
exist.

jsw

I think that you must not exist. I don't see it. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-29, Jim Wilkins wrote:
I signed up for the Eternal-September newsreader and posted this to see
if I
exist.
jsw

I think that you must not exist. I don't see it. :-)
DoN.

Don't we have enough existential angst here already?

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

On 2011-06-29, Jim Wilkins wrote:
I signed up for the Eternal-September newsreader and posted this to see
if I
exist.
jsw

I think that you must not exist. *I don't *see it. :-)
DoN.

Don't we have enough existential angst here already?

jsw

When Tbird flaked out the last time, and our workplace went to a MS
Exchange system, I gave up and went to Google Groups.
Works fine so far.