Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default religious commonalities was Why don't the Republicans save theCountry money and declare Obama the winner now?

On 6/18/2011 9:42 AM, Shall not be infringed wrote:
On Jun 16, 2:55 pm, Jeff wrote:
On 6/16/2011 1:15 PM, Scout wrote:

"Jeff wrote in message
On 6/16/2011 9:17 AM, Scout wrote:

"Jeff wrote in message
[snip]
Say, wasn't it the progressive liberals who decided that they had
to micromanage the lighting in your bedroom, and banned the
incandescent bulb?

Nope. There is NO federal ban on incandescent bulbs. The law signed by
President Bush in 2007 only requires, inter alia, a phased increase in
the energy efficiency of most, but not all, light bulbs. However, LED
technology, with its drastically greater efficiency, is currently the
easiest way for manufacturers to meet the new energy conservation
requirement. Some current incandescent bulbs, particularly the
special-purpose types, are exempt.

First you tell us there is no federal ban on incandescent bulbs, then
turn around and tell us that some incandescent bulbs are exempt from the
federal ban....... Really you need to get your story straight.

Naah. You really need to get your addled mind straight and either read
with comprehension what I actually wrote or just Google it yourself.
The statute requires a phased increase in energy efficiency of light
bulbs, but allows certain types of exempt bulbs to remain at their
current inefficient level of energy consumption. Duh!

IOW, there is a ban even though it has some exceptions.....and here you
told us flat out that there wasn't a ban at all.

In other words, grabnjlu fljpond ftgo rguds.- Hide quoted text -

Jeff won't agree that it's a ban until light bulb martial law is
declared.

Oh brother, you people are always the last to learn anything. Compact
florescent light bulbs are already obsolete. They are not going to be
around much longer anyway. LED lighting is coming very soon and it's
going to replace all the other lighting methods.

So while you're belly aching about the government making you buy
something you don't want (even though you can still buy incandescent
bulbs) a better product is already on the way. But it does give you
another whining point, which you take advantage of and have done so ever
since Obama got elected. All you do is cry about every little thing you
can find just like a bitchy woman. And to think we're going to have to
put up with that for Obama's next term too. Maybe you'll tire of it but
I doubt it. Whiners like you never know when to quit.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 18, 6:44*pm, Hawke wrote:

Oh brother, you people are always the last to learn anything. Compact
florescent light bulbs are already obsolete. They are not going to be
around much longer anyway. LED lighting is coming very soon and it's
going to replace all the other lighting methods.

Hawke

Do you have any LED lamps in your home?

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 19, 3:29*pm, Hawke wrote:

Do you have any LED lamps in your home?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Dan

Not yet but I heard discussion between lighting experts that were
discussing what I related. Compact fluorescents are already obsolete and
will not be around for long. They are only a stopgap between
incandescents and LEDs. The LEDs are on the way and will soon replace
both the others. Don't ask me when it's going to happen because that I
don't know. But I do know LEDs have so many advantages that they are
going to be what we all have within a few years. I have heard they are
building the factories right now.

Hawke

I will pay more attention to you when you actually have LED lams in
your home.
And when I can buy LED lamps for less than $5. LED's have their own
set of problems. For one thing they operate on low voltage DC. For
another the light may not be uniform. The spectrum of light is not
likely to match the uniform spectrum of an incandescent light. So
women may object to them as not showing the same shades of color as
one gets when outside.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/19/2011 5:25 PM, wrote:
On Jun 19, 3:29 pm, wrote:

[...]

I watch a lot of the shows on TV where they are rehabing and working on
homes like, Hometime, This Old House, Holmes Inspection, etc. I see them
putting in LED lighting all the time. In ceiling pot lighting, under and
inside cabinets, they are using them a lot. Maybe you're just not aware
of what's new in the lighting business. LEDs are where the market is
headed. They put out small amounts of heat and they use very little
energy. The CFs that we are using are not going to be here long. You can
think of them as the Krags of the lighting world.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 20, 3:52*pm, Hawke wrote:

I watch a lot of the shows on TV where they are rehabing and working on
homes like, Hometime, This Old House, Holmes Inspection, etc. I see them
putting in LED lighting all the time. In ceiling pot lighting, under and
inside cabinets, they are using them a lot. Maybe you're just not aware
of what's new in the lighting business. LEDs are where the market is
headed. They put out small amounts of heat and they use very little
energy. The CFs that we are using are not going to be here long. You can
think of them as the Krags of the lighting world.

Hawke

I am reasonably aware of what's new in the lighting business. As I
said I will pay more attention to you when you have bought some LED
lamps. Go to a lighting store , Home Depot or Lowes and see how much
a LED lamp costs for say 2500 lumens.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 21, 6:36*pm, Hawke wrote:

And how long did it take for the first digital watch to go from costing
10,000 dollars to 10.00? This is not going to take a decade. I am
looking forward to going to Lowes or Home Depot and buying LED lights
instead of the CF lights, which I don't like either.

Hawke

Maybe. But making LED lamps for illuminating large areas or even not
so large such as my shop, will require hundreds of thousands of
individual LED's. And I do not expect the cost of silicon to decrease
in price. After all we have been using silicon for transistors for
some fifty years.

Dan