Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Why don't the Republicans save the Country money and declareObama the winner now?

On 6/13/2011 4:58 AM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jun 9, 1:32 pm, wrote:
Considering that we already know the outcome....

TMT

Obama holds big 2012 lead over Republicans
By John Whitesides John Whitesides
Wed Jun 8, 1:58 pm ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama retains a big lead over
possible Republican rivals in the 2012 election despite anxiety about
the economy and the country's future, according to a Reuters/Ipsos
poll on Wednesday.

Obama's approval rating inched up 1 percentage point from May to 50
percent but the number of Americans who believe the country is on the
wrong track also rose as pricier gasoline, persistently high
unemployment and a weak housing market chipped away at public
confidence.

Obama leads all potential Republican challengers by double-digit
margins, the poll showed. He is ahead of his closest Republican rival,
former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, by 13 percentage points --
51 percent to 38 percent.

"Obama's position has gotten a little stronger over the last couple of
months as the public mood has evened out, and as an incumbent he has
some big advantages over his rivals," Ipsos pollster Cliff Young said.

"Until Republicans go through a primary season and select a nominee,
they are going to be at a disadvantage in the head-to-head matchups in
name recognition."

Obama, who got a boost in the polls last month with the killing of al
Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, is amassing an election campaign
warchest likely to be larger than the record $750 million he raised in
2008.

Sarah Palin and Romney lead the Republicans battling for the right to
challenge Obama in the November 2012 election.

Palin, the party's vice presidential nominee in 2008, had the support
of 22 percent of the Republicans surveyed. The former governor of
Alaska has not said whether she will run for president next year.

Romney, who failed in a 2008 presidential bid, had 20 percent support.

Representative Ron Paul, a libertarian Republican from Texas, and
former pizza executive Herman Cain were tied for third with 7 percent
each.

REPUBLICAN RACE STILL FORMING

The Republican candidates are just starting to engage in their slow-
starting nomination race. Young said Palin and Romney had a clear
advantage at this stage over other challengers in name recognition
among voters.

Other surveys have shown Romney in a stronger position. A Washington
Post-ABC News poll earlier this week gave Romney a slight lead over
Obama among registered voters.

In the Reuters/Ipsos poll, the other Republican contenders fared even
worse than Romney's 13-point gap in a match-up with Obama. Palin
trailed Obama by 23 points and former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty
was behind by 19 points.

The survey was taken after weak jobs and housing figures released last
week showed the U.S. economy is recovering slower than expected.
Unemployment rose slightly to 9.1 percent for the month.

The poll found 60 percent of respondents said the country is on the
wrong track, up from 56 percent in May but still below April's high of
69 percent. In the latest survey, 35 percent said the country is going
in the right direction.

Obama's approval rating has drifted in a narrow range between 49
percent and 51 percent since January, with the exception of April when
the first spike in gasoline prices drove his rating lower.

With Congress battling over a Republican budget plan that includes
scaling back the federal Medicare health program for the elderly, the
poll found a plurality of Americans, 43 percent, oppose the Medicare
cuts and 37 percent support them.

The poll, conducted Friday through Monday, surveyed 1,132 adults
nationwide by telephone, including 948 registered voters. The margin
of error is 3 percentage points.

(Editing by John O'Callaghan)

As we continue to see, the Republicans want to save the Country money
in words only.

TMT

Did anyone besides me see the republican candidates debate tonight? For
those who missed it I can boil it down for you real simply. Take
everything that the republicans and Bush did when they were in the
majority and do it all again except do it harder this time. More tax
cuts even though 12 years of them hasn't produced jobs. More tax cuts
for business and for capital gains. Some want no capital gains tax at
all. Massive deregulation, and undo everything Obama has done.

So if you liked the way things turned out after Bush ran the country
then you'll love any of the folks who want Obama's job. They all want to
follow the Bush agenda one more time. If you like what that did for our
country then I suggest you vote for whoever wins their primary.

On the other hand, if you didn't like where we were when Obama took
office then I'd suggest you vote for someone other than a republican. If
you care about your country you won't vote republican again. We barely
survived the last time you folks did that.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 9, 1:32 pm, *wrote:
[...]

Hawke- Hide quoted text -

I saw a bit of it.

Very disappointed.

I really wish the Republicans would come up with someone that is worth
running.

A democracy needs different valid points of opinion to work properly.

All we have now is a Republican Party of Clowns.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/15/2011 9:35 AM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
\
[...]

I thought you were going to say clones.

Hawke

Save money benick[_2_] Home Repair 0 August 19th 09 03:37 AM
Save money HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 0 August 18th 09 04:26 PM
trying to save money Stumpysam10 Woodturning 5 October 15th 04 06:18 AM