Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Welders & Helpers needed

"cncmillgil" wrote in message
On May 19, 9:35 am, Gunner Asch wrote:
Just found this on my daily Monster.com email
No experience with this company

Job Summary

Company
Technical Works Inc
Location
Bakersfield, CA 93309
Industries
Construction - Industrial Facilities and Infrastructure
Job Type
Full Time
Employee
Years of Experience
2+ to 5 Years
Career Level
Experienced (Non-Manager)
Salary

$12-54 per hour

Welders and helpers
About the Job
Pipe Welders
Immediate need for welders need certified in pipe with oilfield
experience with rig $42-54 per hour. Pay depends on project and
location.

Food Processing Welder
Welders needed with food grade stainless experience for food
processing plant. Long term and shut down work starts in June

Welder's helper
Assist welders, mechanics with welding and maintenance on
equipment.Experience in buffing, grind, torch and bolt up. Must have a
valid CDL, and transportation to and from work. Passport certified.
$12 per hour

Contact

Fax resume 661-377-1341

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.

Bakersfield? smelled like garlic last time I was through there.
Was that a fluke? or is allot of garlic grown around there?
Hey its probably the garlic processing factory, eh?
$12/hr & all the garlic you can take equaling $54

--

~g~

Typical. Everyone wants a job, but no one wants to work.

There'll be something wrong with every job you'll ever have, son.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 05/19/2011 04:03 PM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
On May 19, 9:35 am, Gunner wrote:
[...]

In my recent experience with job seeking, everyone wants an employee,
except for the ones that have been presented to them. This isn't just
me, either -- I know of jobs in this area, in my specialty, that have
been open for months. And others that I've applied to through agencies
where the hiring manager was rejecting any applicant that didn't hit
every single one of their "required" and "desired" capabilities.

"Come work for us, except we're too scared to hire you if you're not Mr.
Perfect".

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tim Wescott wrote:
On 05/19/2011 04:03 PM, Steve B wrote:

Typical. Everyone wants a job, but no one wants to work.

There'll be something wrong with every job you'll ever have, son.

In my recent experience with job seeking, everyone wants an employee,
except for the ones that have been presented to them. This isn't just
me, either -- I know of jobs in this area, in my specialty, that have
been open for months. And others that I've applied to through
agencies where the hiring manager was rejecting any applicant that
didn't hit every single one of their "required" and "desired"
capabilities.
"Come work for us, except we're too scared to hire you if you're not
Mr. Perfect".

mike rowe on this matter

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-609023

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tim Wescott wrote:
On 05/19/2011 04:03 PM, Steve B wrote:

(...)

Typical. Everyone wants a job, but no one wants to work.

Where did you get that nonsense?
Suggest return it and get a refund.

There'll be something wrong with every job you'll ever have, son.

In my recent experience with job seeking, everyone wants an employee,
except for the ones that have been presented to them. This isn't just
me, either -- I know of jobs in this area, in my specialty, that have
been open for months. And others that I've applied to through agencies
where the hiring manager was rejecting any applicant that didn't hit
every single one of their "required" and "desired" capabilities.

"Come work for us, except we're too scared to hire you if you're not Mr.
Perfect".

In my business, we expect *far* more than Perfect.

Unless you are a 23 y.o. Asian male with a Ph.D and can claim
37 years OTJ experience, you are considered too old and
more than a little scary.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

"cncmillgil" wrote in message

Bakersfield? smelled like garlic last time I was through there.
Was that a fluke? or is allot of garlic grown around there?
Hey its probably the garlic processing factory, eh?
$12/hr & all the garlic you can take equaling $54

Typical. Everyone wants a job, but no one wants to work.

There'll be something wrong with every job you'll ever have, son.

IIRC he is the owner of a medium sized tool and die shop that specializes in
making complex plastic injection molds

Mig Welders RogerN Metalworking 57 July 24th 10 01:09 PM
Welders Jerry Foster Metalworking 6 September 7th 07 09:55 AM
The latest angle from the septic 'helpers' C & E Home Repair 8 September 18th 06 06:27 PM
Generation X helpers Robert Allison Woodworking 7 April 2nd 05 08:59 PM
Two $30 MIG Welders Jeff Polaski Metalworking 0 August 5th 04 06:11 AM