Robert Allison

Default Generation X helpers

I was doing some work at a church that entailed cutting off
some door bottoms to accomodate new carpeting. The church
contact that hired me asked me to use his son as a helper both
to reduce the costs and to teach the kid something about
construction. This kid is about 16 YO.

He is a pretty industrious and a good worker, just clueless
about construction.

When it came time for me to cut off the door bottoms, I set up
my saw horses and laid some carpet across them to save the
finish. I sent him out to my truck to get a new blade for my
circular saw. While he was gone, I laid the first door up and
marked my line. I took out my utility knife and began scoring
the cut line when he walked into the room. He stood there
watching me for a minute, then laughed.

I looked up and he said: "Man,...use the skilsaw to cut those
off, that knife will take all day!"

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
brianlanning

16 y.o. probably qualifies as generation Y now. I'm a gen-x and I have
a 13 year old daughter.

brian

Robert Allison

brianlanning wrote:
16 y.o. probably qualifies as generation Y now. I'm a gen-x and I have
a 13 year old daughter.

brian

I stand corrected. Anyone under 30 seems to belong to another
dimension, I just don't know the proper names anymore.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Leon

"Robert Allison" wrote in message
brianlanning wrote:
16 y.o. probably qualifies as generation Y now. I'm a gen-x and I have
a 13 year old daughter.

brian

I stand corrected. Anyone under 30 seems to belong to another dimension,
I just don't know the proper names anymore.

The generation following the post-World War II baby boom, especially people
born in the United States and Canada from the early 1960s to the late 1970s.

firstjois

Robert Allison wrote:
[snip]

I looked up and he said: "Man,...use the skilsaw to cut those
off, that knife will take all day!"

--

LOL Yes! Good help is hard to find!

Josie

brianlanning

I stand corrected. Anyone under 30 seems to belong to another
dimension, I just don't know the proper names anymore.

My generation is supposed to be famous for slacking, but the younger
kids I see now take it to a whole new level. My kids come home telling
stories about the other kids at school.

brian