S R

Default next generation of power tools

On milwaukee electric's website, they are advertising "the next revolution
in power tools". However, there is no link for further reading. Anyone
know what's up? From the animation, maybe hydrogen power cells?

Stephen R.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/us/en/s...Index?ReadForm

Never Enough Money

Looks like a clock counting down which when it gets to zero we get to
see what the next generation is....

Looks like 47 days 5 hours ... from now...

S R wrote:
On milwaukee electric's website, they are advertising "the next

revolution
in power tools". However, there is no link for further reading.

Anyone
know what's up? From the animation, maybe hydrogen power cells?

Stephen R.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/us/en/s...Index?ReadForm

Never Enough Money

I was hoping for a jigsaw to compete with the Bosch 1590.

Lee Michaels

"Leon" wrote

A 28 volt power tool...... I'll pass.. Corded is certainly cheaper and
lighter weight and will have more power than everything except maybe a
drill.

28 volt power tools?

I wonder if they are going into the sex toy biz?

Now there is a vast untapped market for a powerful battery that lasts and
lasts!

DAMHIKT

Edwin Pawlowski

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looks like a clock counting down which when it gets to zero we get to
see what the next generation is....

Looks like 47 days 5 hours ... from now...

No, is says 47 day 1 hour.

Robatoy

In article KYjFd.10563$7b.1936@trndny02,
"S R" no email @ no spam.com wrote:

On milwaukee electric's website, they are advertising "the next revolution
in power tools". However, there is no link for further reading. Anyone
know what's up? From the animation, maybe hydrogen power cells?

Stephen R.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/us/en/s...Index?ReadForm

My 14.4 Milwaukee is all I ever wanted/needed. I'm sure they'll be nice
tools. I have a fair bit of Milwaukee..happy with all of them.

Rob
Leon

Umm they already have one that does.

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was hoping for a jigsaw to compete with the Bosch 1590.

MrAoD

S R wrote:
On milwaukee electric's website, they are advertising "the next

revolution
in power tools". However, there is no link for further reading.

Click on the "Cordless Tools Myth: More power means more weight" link. Looks
like they're coming out with a 28V line of cordless tools.

My guess is they're utilizing the latest in battery technology.

Anyone
know what's up? From the animation, maybe hydrogen power cells?

Dunno if the state of the art runs to either fuel cells or microturbines at
that voltage. The amps are there for light-drain applications like cell phone
and laptop batteries but the cost-per-unit is still prohibitive.

Marc

Never Enough Money

Everything I've read says the Bosch 1590 is King of the Hill. More
amps, more electronic control, better dust management. Maybe I've been
reading the wrong stuff?

MSCHAEF.COM

In article ,
Leon wrote:
You know, for me I want to know what is up and coming. That might tempt me
to wait, otherwise they loose the sale.

Adam Osborne put himself out of business by pre-announcing a computer
several months before it was actually available for sale. He got people
excited enough about the new model, sales of the existing model fell
through the floor.

-Mike
--
http://www.mschaef.com
Charlie Self

Dave Jackson responds:

Every year or two a tool company comes out with a higher voltage battery
for their cordless tools than the other companies offer. looks like same
old, same old. --dave

Not quite. 28 volt lithium ion. Should be some major changes, but the battery
cost is going up, I'll bet.

Charlie Self
"One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above
that which is expected." George W. Bush
Robatoy

In article , "TeamCasa"
wrote:

The good news is - the 18v stuff will drop in price!

Dave

Zactly!
Robatoy

In article ,
"Leon" wrote:

Umm they already have one that does.

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was hoping for a jigsaw to compete with the Bosch 1590.

You betcha...I am very happy with mine....'cept the switch is a bit big..
I do not own any Milwaukee I have ever been unhappy with...can't say the
same for other mfg's...
PC got me three times....