Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Help Finding Metalworking Machines on the Web

I know this is gray area metalworking... But I sell machines for people who
do the stuff below all the time and it's all metalworking so I'm hoping you
can help me tweak my web search results.

I'd love to increase my web presence even more...

Can some of you shoot out some thoughts on the following?

What would you type into Google to find a machine that did the following:

1. Drilled 4 holes in an aluminum part. The pattern is rectangular and the
holes are 1/4"

2. Drilling 10 holes in-line down the length of a steel bar

3. Tapping a few holes in a part that you are making for your customer.
It's a flat disk with anywhere from 3 to 6 holes in it depending on the
piece you are making this month

4. You are a high end skateboard manufacturer making titanium or aluminum
boards for the pros. you want to drill either four or eight holes at a time
to hold the wheels on. You want to do it on a drill press or maybe an
automatic drill press machine.

5. You are a truck manufacturer and you have to drill through the wood
flooring and support structure to attach the boards. You want to do it
faster.

....That's it for today! Thanks for any help you can offer!

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message

5. You are a truck manufacturer and you have to drill through the wood
flooring and support structure to attach the boards. You want to do it
faster.

I would use a screw gun and trailer deck board screws. I've still got a
couple boxes left over from when I re-decked my Dad's flatbed. Hardest part
was finding decent #3 Phillips tips now that nobody seems to remember AT&G
anymore. You got an automatic screw feeder drill press with enough swing
and enough spindles to do it in one pass? That would be cool to see.

Roll it under. Place the boards. Push the start button. Roll it out.

P.S. Yes, I do know most commercial rigs are through bolted.

Hmmm.... how about a drill press head or multiples on a gantry. Roll the
frame under it and let a CNC controller drill all your holes. Giant multi
spindle CNC router basically. I might have to build one someday. LOL.
Heck, for single application it could be mechanical and stationary with a
bed frame feeder underneath that mechanically trips a drill process every so
many inches.

STOP IT. I don't need any more useless (to me) project ideas bouncing
around in my head. Joe, I'm sending you the bill from my shrink. (For
those who are inane enough to quote this to win an argument in the future...
That was dark humor, not a statement of personal mental infirmity.)

To your question. I think that those people searching for you are only a
small portion of your potential market. Many don't even know to look for
you. I think you should be searching for them, and be prepared with real
world realistic numbers showing how they can save money on production with
some of your applications. Be prepared with prearranged financing and/or
lease purchase agreements too. A lot of companies don't have the cash
reserves to buy new equipment upfront no matter how much it will save them
down the road.

If you can work out the numbers so you can walk into their shop and show
them how they can save money from the first period your equipment goes
on-line saving man hours compared to leasing or financing costs you can do a
lot more than just trying to position yourself first in the search engines
for the small percentage of people and shops who have excess cash to invest
in equipment AND are looking to spend it on your type of equipment.

In this tough economy I think you can do better contacting companies that
can benefit from your product and being prepared to prove to them
immediately that you can reduce their cost per unit production costs. You
need to be able to do it quickly to. Spend some time studying each
potential customer so you can be prepared to present your numbers on their
terms.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

How about:

"Multiple drill"
"Multi-head drilling"
"Multiple spindle drill heads"
"Multiple drilling and tapping"
"Robotic drill"
"Pattern drilling"
"Nude Celebrities"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" w@w wrote in message

[...]

Well, try Boolean: "Holes of Nude Celebrities".... etc.
Expanded context: "Drilling Paris Hilton's Hole"..... "Multiple drilling of
Paris' hole" "Drilling of Paris' multiple holes" etc.
Tag these in your metafile.
You will be rich. Then you can adopt me.
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
[...]

Keep it simple.

Joe AutoDrill's Multiple Penetration's

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 17 May 2011 13:58:30 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote:

What would you type into Google to find a machine that did the following:

You are monitoring your own web logs to see what search strings people are
already using to find you? If not, you may be very surprised at some of strange
search terms folks will use. Unfortunately the really weird ones are unlikely
to be customers...
--
William
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

5. You are a truck manufacturer and you have to drill through the wood
flooring and support structure to attach the boards. You want to do it
faster.

I would use a screw gun and trailer deck board screws. I've still got a
couple boxes left over from when I re-decked my Dad's flatbed. Hardest
part was finding decent #3 Phillips tips now that nobody seems to remember
AT&G anymore. You got an automatic screw feeder drill press with enough
swing and enough spindles to do it in one pass? That would be cool to
see.

To answer your question - yes. We've sold a few to big name truck mfg
companies... But unfortunately, I only have photos of the equipment and not
the actual set-up or in-use videos, etc. Most keep their exact method a
secret because you can imagine an efficient way of doing this saves them a
lot of money and makes them very competetive against their... Well...
competitors.

P.S. Yes, I do know most commercial rigs are through bolted.

Yes, Hardwood, sometimes abrasive like Ipe and structural steel or aluminum
underneath depending on the type of truck frame they use and the type of
hauling it's ultimately meant for.

CLIP

STOP IT. I don't need any more useless (to me) project ideas bouncing
around in my head. Joe, I'm sending you the bill from my shrink. (For
those who are inane enough to quote this to win an argument in the
future... That was dark humor, not a statement of personal mental
infirmity.)

LOL! You've got me laughing and thinking about whether you should be
designing these things at the same time.

To your question. I think that those people searching for you are only a
small portion of your potential market. Many don't even know to look for
you. I think you should be searching for them, and be prepared with real
world realistic numbers showing how they can save money on production with
some of your applications. Be prepared with prearranged financing and/or
lease purchase agreements too. A lot of companies don't have the cash
reserves to buy new equipment upfront no matter how much it will save them
down the road.

Most of the sales into industries such as this go through machine builders
or automation houses. Those folks may come to me initially, but they want
turn-key set-ups for their shops and thus eventually call someone who can do
that for them and say, "We want to put some of those there AutoDrills in our
shop to do this and that..."

We market to the machine builders and also to the end users.

If you can work out the numbers so you can walk into their shop and show
them how they can save money from the first period your equipment goes
on-line saving man hours compared to leasing or financing costs you can do
a lot more than just trying to position yourself first in the search
engines for the small percentage of people and shops who have excess cash
to invest in equipment AND are looking to spend it on your type of
equipment.

It'll cost me $500-1000 to walk into a shop in Nebraska or Illinois or
Washington State, etc... For that amount, I can reach somewhere around
200-3000 people with a pay-per-click ad on Google with a refined search
term... Plus my family will be happier that I'm home at night.

I enjoy customer visits, but I find that most are inefficnent use of my time
and resources when there are machine builders and distributors of my product
that live locally to them.

CLIP

That all having been said, I don't want to debate the merits of real visits
VS internet marketing too much here. It wasn't the original purpose of my
post and to be honest, I'm not smart enough to really speak to it at times.

--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Multiple drill"
"Multi-head drilling"
"Multiple spindle drill heads"
"Multiple drilling and tapping"
"Robotic drill"
"Pattern drilling"
"Nude Celebrities"

Got a big chuckle out of that last one.

Thanks for the others!
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Well, try Boolean: "Holes of Nude Celebrities".... etc.
Expanded context: "Drilling Paris Hilton's Hole"..... "Multiple drilling
of Paris' hole" "Drilling of Paris' multiple holes" etc.
Tag these in your metafile.
You will be rich. Then you can adopt me.

Oh God, where can this possibly go but downhill now?!?
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You are monitoring your own web logs to see what search strings people are
already using to find you? If not, you may be very surprised at some of
strange
search terms folks will use. Unfortunately the really weird ones are
unlikely
to be customers...

Yes, and YES! It's amazing what Google and these people think they can find
on my sites.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
news
Well, try Boolean: "Holes of Nude Celebrities".... etc.
Expanded context: "Drilling Paris Hilton's Hole"..... "Multiple drilling
of Paris' hole" "Drilling of Paris' multiple holes" etc.
Tag these in your metafile.
You will be rich. Then you can adopt me.

Oh God, where can this possibly go but downhill now?!?

It was inevitable..... now's all's you can do is watch..... LOL!!!

But do take notes... bleeve it or not, this is actually standard technique
in some schools of SEO thought.....
--
EA

--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Oh God, where can this possibly go but downhill now?!?

It was inevitable..... now's all's you can do is watch..... LOL!!!

But do take notes... bleeve it or not, this is actually standard
technique in some schools of SEO thought.....

It's the worst SEO strategy there is... If people come to your site by the
millions looking for Ms. Shorty-Shorts and find a bunch of metalworking
equipment, they won't stay long - and retention is the new thing to get
higher or lower Google rankings.

PayPerClick is it's own animal where the click-thru rate VS bid rate is
king.

10,000 visitors who stay 3 seconds each are not as valuable as 100 who stay
five minutes each. ...At least not to the person paying for the
advertising.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
news
It'll cost me $500-1000 to walk into a shop in Nebraska or Illinois or
Washington State, etc... For that amount, I can reach somewhere around
200-3000 people with a pay-per-click ad on Google with a refined search
term... Plus my family will be happier that I'm home at night.

I was thinking more along the lines of prequalified personal mailings and
phone calls to start with. Personal visits to close the deal with some, but
probably not for some. Creating a qualified list of potentials will take a
little time, but not much per potential. Doing research on individual
companies will take more, but often they make it easy by bragging about
themselves if they have a website. It may take a little longer to write up
a short summary regarding their specific application and how you can help
them specifically. The first couple will probably be arduous, but it will
get much faster after you have a couple under your belt. The cost per
contact certainly isn't on par with cost per click, but 100% of your
contacts will be a real potential client.

Getting back to personal visits... if it gets to that point hand it off to
one of the machine builders you do work for.

I know. I know. You wanted to talk about SEO. Sorry. In the past lots of
quality content seemed to be the ticket, but now that Google has become
another sellout its hard to tell. I have a fishing site for Yuma Arizona.
Lots of quality content. Used to be number one on most of the search engines
if you punched in Yuma Fishing including Google. Now you get some multi
topic link building site as number one, and mine is number two usually. I
have quality content he has garbage. Snippits at best. I know the guy who
runs it. He spent some time visiting my site to learn why I came up first
on several topics. He was even a member of my forums for a while. If you
use Add Me (free site submission engine) you get subscribed to some SEO
newsletters. I have read a few of them, and once in a while there are some
good tips in them. Might be worth it just to read their SEO newsletters for
a while to see if you can improve your positioning.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
"Multiple drill"
"Multi-head drilling"
"Multiple spindle drill heads"
"Multiple drilling and tapping"
"Robotic drill"
"Pattern drilling"
"Nude Celebrities"

Got a big chuckle out of that last one.

Thanks for the others!
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Do you ever get requests for applications using multiple "Pilot
Bonding Brushes"?
http://www.osborn.com/XTab.aspx?cat=...sh&grp=213TT04
It would be right up your alley for customers that drill multiple
holes in AL panels that are then riveted together. If you ever do,
let me supply the brushes.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Do you ever get requests for applications using multiple "Pilot Bonding
Brushes"?
http://www.osborn.com/XTab.aspx?cat=...sh&grp=213TT04
It would be right up your alley for customers that drill multiple holes in
AL panels that are then riveted together. If you ever do, let me supply
the brushes.

I do sometimes get requests for heads to drive multiple brushes, but they
almost never tell me why they are spinning the brushes due to the
proprietary nature of the job. ...Even if I sign an NDA. I'll stick that
phrase as a "keyword" on the brush head page and see where it takes us both!

I'd absolutely send you the customers if I knew that was what they were
doing or looking for.