Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Speaking of Magnesium...

Anyone have a small chunk of it they'd part with if I sent you a UPS label?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 2, 4:40*pm, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote:
Anyone have a small chunk of it they'd part with if I sent you a UPS label?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

Walmart has magnesium fire starters.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Anyone have a small chunk of it they'd part with if I sent you a UPS label?

If you want small and don't care about a particular grade, just go to
any sports type store or Harbor Freight and pickup a $5 magnesium
emergency / camping fire starter.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Anyone have a small chunk of it they'd part with if I sent you a UPS label?

I wonder if a magnesium water heater anode would work for your
application?

http://www.waterheaterrescue.com/pag...er-anodes.html

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in
message news
Anyone have a small chunk of it they'd part with
if I sent you a UPS label?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
http://www.AutoDrill.com
Multiple Spindle Drills:
http://www.Multi-Drill.com
Production Tapping:
http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Would a piece 0.5 x 2 x 4 be enough?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Anyone have a small chunk of it they'd part with if I sent you a UPS
label?

I have about a half-handful of some Mg chips 0.001 thick, total
weight 4.4 grams, including the Ziploc(r) bag (sandwich size).

They've been lying around for a couple of years, as I try to figure
out how to use them for a spiffy pyrotechnic of some kind. :-)

They flare up real good when you light them, and the flash lasts
for about a second.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Would a piece 0.5 x 2 x 4 be enough?

Phil,

If you are offering it and don't mind sticking it in a package and slapping
a UPS label on it (I'll e-mail you the label), I'd gladly receive it -
presuming it's shipping from the lower 48 US states.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have about a half-handful of some Mg chips 0.001 thick, total
weight 4.4 grams, including the Ziploc(r) bag (sandwich size).

They've been lying around for a couple of years, as I try to figure
out how to use them for a spiffy pyrotechnic of some kind. :-)

They flare up real good when you light them, and the flash lasts
for about a second.

Cheers!
Rich

Rich,

Same situation as the last person... If you are offering it and don't mind
sticking it in a package and slapping a UPS label on it (I'll e-mail you the
label), I'd gladly receive it - presuming it's shipping from the lower 48 US
states.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You have options based on your size requirements.

For a piece abut 4' long, about 1 - 1 1/2" diameter with a steel core
wire about 3/16" in diameter you can buy a replacement anode for a HWS -
In oz it would set you back around $30 new, free if you want to scrap or
salvage (but then it'd be smaller)

For blocks up to 18" x 3" x4" talk to large machinery manufacturers
about galvanic protection anodes - I have a couple which are zinc, and a
couple which are mag. no idea on cost since these were freebies from a
job - brand cast in is AMAG.

HTH
Des

On 3/05/2011 4:40 AM, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Anyone have a small chunk of it they'd part with if I sent you a UPS label?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in
message ...
Would a piece 0.5 x 2 x 4 be enough?

Phil,

If you are offering it and don't mind sticking
it in a package and slapping a UPS label on it
(I'll e-mail you the label), I'd gladly receive
it - presuming it's shipping from the lower 48
US states.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
http://www.AutoDrill.com
Multiple Spindle Drills:
http://www.Multi-Drill.com
Production Tapping:
http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

I'll send you an e-mail on this. phil
V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That piece has been mailed, USPS.

"Joe AutoDrill"
wrote in message
I'll send you an e-mail on this. phil

Much appreciated.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks Phil!

--

Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com

wrote in message
I'll send you an e-mail on this. phil

Much appreciated.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On rereading, I see "email" - that would be "richgrise" shift-2 "yahoo"
period "com."

I'll shoot you a label momentarily. Thank you!
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Magnesium: DOW 2410 Fred the Red Shirt Metalworking 29 December 6th 07 05:14 PM
Magnesium Firestarters Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 35 October 13th 07 06:35 PM
Fun with Magnesium Larry Jaques Metalworking 0 October 10th 07 01:00 PM
Fun with Magnesium Paul Metalworking 0 October 10th 07 04:38 AM
Fun with magnesium rod?? Laurie Forbes Metalworking 26 June 2nd 05 05:28 PM