Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
des bromilow des bromilow is offline

Default Speaking of Magnesium...

You have options based on your size requirements.

For a piece abut 4' long, about 1 - 1 1/2" diameter with a steel core
wire about 3/16" in diameter you can buy a replacement anode for a HWS -
In oz it would set you back around $30 new, free if you want to scrap or
salvage (but then it'd be smaller)

For blocks up to 18" x 3" x4" talk to large machinery manufacturers
about galvanic protection anodes - I have a couple which are zinc, and a
couple which are mag. no idea on cost since these were freebies from a
job - brand cast in is AMAG.

HTH
Des

On 3/05/2011 4:40 AM, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Anyone have a small chunk of it they'd part with if I sent you a UPS label?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244