Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ping Gunner: High speed spindle

Tom Gardner wrote:

Keep a lookout for a spindle that will do 10krpm. I need to spin a
1/32" x 6" cut-off disk to trim endbrushes. My home-made one has 2
Barden Super Precision bearing in it but it's not perfect and is a bit
noisy...just a bit, but I want it quiet! I had a Deihl spindle but
can't find it for a year now.

I blame your shop cats. They pawned it for catnip money.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Tom Gardner wrote:

Keep a lookout for a spindle that will do 10krpm. I need to spin a
1/32" x 6" cut-off disk to trim endbrushes. My home-made one has 2
Barden Super Precision bearing in it but it's not perfect and is a
bit
noisy...just a bit, but I want it quiet! I had a Deihl spindle but
can't find it for a year now.

I blame your shop cats. They pawned it for catnip money.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-AidT on it, because
it's

The two-legged ones?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Keep a lookout for a spindle that will do 10krpm. I need to spin a
1/32" x 6" cut-off disk to trim endbrushes. My home-made one has 2
Barden Super Precision bearing in it but it's not perfect and is a
bit
noisy...just a bit, but I want it quiet! I had a Deihl spindle but
can't find it for a year now.

I blame your shop cats. They pawned it for catnip money.

The two-legged ones?

Don't tell me that you let the cats play with power tools!