Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default $50

I took this welder to a scrap yard. It was FUBAR due to having been
left outside for years, without a rain cap. Still made money, but
wasted time.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 28, 12:48*pm, Ignoramus9529
wrote:
I took this welder to a scrap yard. It was FUBAR due to having been
left outside for years, without a rain cap. Still made money, but
wasted time.

RIP
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 11:48:57 -0500, Ignoramus9529
wrote:

I took this welder to a scrap yard. It was FUBAR due to having been
left outside for years, without a rain cap. Still made money, but
wasted time.

What was wrong with it?

Did you even try cranking it over?

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I took this welder to a scrap yard. It was FUBAR due to having been
left outside for years, without a rain cap. Still made money, but
wasted time.

What was wrong with it?

Did you even try cranking it over?

It sat outside for several (many) years, with the exhaust stack
lacking a cap. It looked like it was beyond redemption, I did not feel
like bringing it home. The guys who told me this had no reason to
lie.

I tried cranking it, it would not crank.

Scrap value was $129 in cash.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I took this welder to a scrap yard. It was FUBAR due to having been
left outside for years, without a rain cap. Still made money, but
wasted time.

What was wrong with it?

Did you even try cranking it over?

It sat outside for several (many) years, with the exhaust stack
lacking a cap. It looked like it was beyond redemption, I did not feel
like bringing it home. The guys who told me this had no reason to
lie.

I tried cranking it, it would not crank.

Scrap value was $129 in cash.

Ok.

I should note that my Miller 55g had the same problem and only (1)
cylinder was stuck. Its about half done being rebuilt and the cost so
far has been $67.95

Shrug

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I took this welder to a scrap yard. It was FUBAR due to having been
left outside for years, without a rain cap. Still made money, but
wasted time.

What was wrong with it?

Did you even try cranking it over?

It sat outside for several (many) years, with the exhaust stack
lacking a cap. It looked like it was beyond redemption, I did not feel
like bringing it home. The guys who told me this had no reason to
lie.

I tried cranking it, it would not crank.

Scrap value was $129 in cash.

Ok.

I should note that my Miller 55g had the same problem and only (1)
cylinder was stuck. Its about half done being rebuilt and the cost so
far has been $67.95

Now try to value your time at the minimum wage per hour and come back
to us when the assembly is complete.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I took this welder to a scrap yard. It was FUBAR due to having been
left outside for years, without a rain cap. Still made money, but
wasted time.

What was wrong with it?

Did you even try cranking it over?

It sat outside for several (many) years, with the exhaust stack
lacking a cap. It looked like it was beyond redemption, I did not feel
like bringing it home. The guys who told me this had no reason to
lie.

I tried cranking it, it would not crank.

Scrap value was $129 in cash.

Ok.

I should note that my Miller 55g had the same problem and only (1)
cylinder was stuck. Its about half done being rebuilt and the cost so
far has been $67.95

Now try to value your time at the minimum wage per hour and come back
to us when the assembly is complete.

Ive got nothing spent. People owe me favors G

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I took this welder to a scrap yard. It was FUBAR due to having been
left outside for years, without a rain cap. Still made money, but
wasted time.

What was wrong with it?

Did you even try cranking it over?

It sat outside for several (many) years, with the exhaust stack
lacking a cap. It looked like it was beyond redemption, I did not feel
like bringing it home. The guys who told me this had no reason to
lie.

I tried cranking it, it would not crank.

Scrap value was $129 in cash.

You could probably have sold the welding bell end for triple that.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

And those "favors" are taxable transactions, whether you like it or
not.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Taxable, but not traceable. A crucial difference!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Yes indeed. G

And no cash will ever trade hands. "$1 and other valuable
considerations" pretty much covers it.

SucksRangers really really hates looking the fool so often. So why does
he continue to do so? Masochist obviously. Just one of the symptoms of
his terrible mental illness.

Ill bet he cuts himself regularly ...must be a real mess.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

six. " *Jonah Goldberg (modified)- Hide quoted text -

I know Gunner says he doesn't read my posts, and I really don't give a
****, but someone may want to let him know that he is digging himself
a hole with the IRS. Not traceable? Gunner has posted plenty of
evidence, right here in this group. He has offered things for sale -
when the IRS agent comes knocking at his door and those things aren't
there, Gunner is going to have to explain where they went.

In a different thread, I posted a link to the IRS page that talks
about bartering and the record-keeping requirements and what is
taxable.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

IRS would have zero interest in this.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I don't think his income is sufficient to provoke an audit, but it's a good
thing to keep in mind.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ayup. I grossed $19k last year..and they simply dont give a **** about
little tiny guys like me. Ive got no money to pay them. So Id take the
jail route..and that doesnt make them look very good unless its over
high dollars.

And that $19 gross..had $5000 worth of gas bought out of it.

Shrug

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-04-29, Gunner Asch wrote:
wrote:
On 2011-04-29, rangerssuck wrote:
[...]

Barter transactions are hard to prove, income from free labor is even
harder to prove, and why would they want to waste time on you? Even if
they prove that you hid $3k of income, they would not get much due to
you being in a low tax bracket -- and they cannot easily prove
anything of this sort, anyway.

Plus, how much is it exactly worth to receve in-kind services that
could not even fix a rusted shut welder for a year? The answer is that
this is worth nothing.

You can take that pile of rusted stuff to a scrap yard and get
approximately $145 (with the trailer that it is on). And you get paid
in cash, too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ed Huntress- Hide quoted text -

Well, there's this:
The Department of Justice encourages anyone who has information about
suspected tax fraud to report it to the IRS tip line at
1-800-829-0433.

From he
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...122541,00.html

You (we) don't have to wait for an audit - all it takes is an
anonymous phone call. And as far as his income being too low to get
them interested, he's such a prick that he'd probably **** off an
agent enough that they'd hassle him for fun.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

From he
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...122541,00.html

You (we) don't have to wait for an audit - all it takes is an
anonymous phone call. And as far as his income being too low to get
them interested, he's such a prick that he'd probably **** off an
agent enough that they'd hassle him for fun.

I find it very distasteful to see any attempts to involve IRS into
USENET feuds.

In fact, I strongly condemn this.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
On Apr 29, 7:53 am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"rangerssuck" wrote in message

On Apr 28, 11:52 pm, Gunner Asch wrote:

snip

[...]

From he
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...122541,00.html

You (we) don't have to wait for an audit - all it takes is an
anonymous phone call. And as far as his income being too low to get
them interested, he's such a prick that he'd probably **** off an
agent enough that they'd hassle him for fun.

I guess the lesson is, if you're going to break the law, it's not smart to
**** people off. And if you're going to **** people off, it's not smart to
break the law.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

From he
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...122541,00.html

You (we) don't have to wait for an audit - all it takes is an
anonymous phone call. And as far as his income being too low to get
them interested, he's such a prick that he'd probably **** off an
agent enough that they'd hassle him for fun.

I find it very distasteful to see any attempts to involve IRS into
USENET feuds.

In fact, I strongly condemn this.

We've been relatively free of them here, but the feuds that erupt on some of
the most unlikely NGs have to make one cautious over bragging about the ways
he breaks the law. You never know who's lurking in one of those cross-posted
groups.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

From he
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...122541,00.html

You (we) don't have to wait for an audit - all it takes is an
anonymous phone call. And as far as his income being too low to get
them interested, he's such a prick that he'd probably **** off an
agent enough that they'd hassle him for fun.

I find it very distasteful to see any attempts to involve IRS into
USENET feuds.

In fact, I strongly condemn this.

i-

Condemn away, Iggy. This is not about a feud. This is about Gunner,
who spits in the eye of the government and the people who have, quite
literally, kept him alive, and then brags about the taxes that he does
not pay. He is a liar and a cheat. For every dollar in taxes that he
evades, you, I and the rest of the taxpayers have to pick up the
slack, and it ****es me off.

If USENET is to be a safe haven for criminals, well, OK to a point.
When their criminal behavior affects me negatively, I'm not so sure
I'm OK with that.

Gunner could at least have had the common sense to not post his real
name, address and phone numbers repeatedly. It's almost as if this has
been one of those "twisted crys for help" in which he's been asking
for this.

But then again, he had a stroke, and that's his excuse for everything.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 29, 10:03*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
[...]

From he
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...122541,00.html

You (we) don't have to wait for an audit - all it takes is an
anonymous phone call. And as far as his income being too low to get
them interested, he's such a prick that he'd probably **** off an
agent enough that they'd hassle him for fun.

I guess the lesson is, if you're going to break the law, it's not smart to
**** people off. And if you're going to **** people off, it's not smart to
break the law.

--
Ed Huntress

It is also smart, if you're going to break the law, to not post the
evidence on the internet, clearly traceable back to yourself.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-04-29, Ed Huntress wrote:

We've been relatively free of them here, but the feuds that erupt on some of
the most unlikely NGs have to make one cautious over bragging about the ways
he breaks the law. You never know who's lurking in one of those cross-posted
groups.

15 years ago, I had a USENET weirdo "The Right Reverend Colin James
III", send faxes to my then employer, demanding that I be fired
immediately.

IOW, I want to have nothing to do with using authorities to help
resolve USENET battles.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-04-29, rangerssuck wrote:
I find it very distasteful to see any attempts to involve IRS into
USENET feuds.

In fact, I strongly condemn this.

Condemn away, Iggy. This is not about a feud. This is about Gunner,
who spits in the eye of the government and the people who have, quite
literally, kept him alive, and then brags about the taxes that he does
not pay. He is a liar and a cheat. For every dollar in taxes that he
evades, you, I and the rest of the taxpayers have to pick up the
slack, and it ****es me off.

On the scale of crimes 1-10, not reporting free work done for Gunner,
is somewhere between 0.1 and 0.5. Most likely, this not reporting, is
not even a criminal offense.

If USENET is to be a safe haven for criminals, well, OK to a point.
When their criminal behavior affects me negatively, I'm not so sure
I'm OK with that.

I think that you are blowing your lid on this, there is essentially
no crime being committed, at worst something is not reported
properly.

Gunner could at least have had the common sense to not post his real
name, address and phone numbers repeatedly. It's almost as if this has
been one of those "twisted crys for help" in which he's been asking
for this.

But then again, he had a stroke, and that's his excuse for everything.

I would say, IRS would have zero interest in this sort of thing, but I
personally condemn any kind of snitching of this kind.

If he admitted to being a serial killer, I would see this
differently.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-04-29, Ed Huntress wrote:

We've been relatively free of them here, but the feuds that erupt on some
of
the most unlikely NGs have to make one cautious over bragging about the
ways
he breaks the law. You never know who's lurking in one of those
cross-posted
groups.

15 years ago, I had a USENET weirdo "The Right Reverend Colin James
III", send faxes to my then employer, demanding that I be fired
immediately.

IOW, I want to have nothing to do with using authorities to help
resolve USENET battles.

I agree completely. I've seen some awful things that were enabled by
allowing anonymity to vicious nutbags.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 29, 10:32*am, Ignoramus30780 ignoramus30...@NOSPAM.
30780.invalid wrote:

If he admitted to being a serial killer, I would see this
differently.

As he has done. Various references to various bodies in the desert.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

30780.invalid wrote:

If he admitted to being a serial killer, I would see this
differently.

As he has done. Various references to various bodies in the desert.

But, if they're picking that up from his postings here, who would take him
seriously enough to investigate?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

From he
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...122541,00.html

You (we) don't have to wait for an audit - all it takes is an
anonymous phone call. And as far as his income being too low to get
them interested, he's such a prick that he'd probably **** off an
agent enough that they'd hassle him for fun.

I find it very distasteful to see any attempts to involve IRS into
USENET feuds.

In fact, I strongly condemn this.

SucksRangers is of that sort of low personality. Which is why he has
been in my killfile for a number of years. Having anything to do with
him gives me a dirty feeling and a strong urge for a hot shower with
lots of soap.

Shrug.

He has nothing to post except spew and when he starts feeling like he is
not in control....he trots out threats like this in a usual Leftwing
attempt to prevail..one way or another.

The Commisars simply shot people, he doesnt have that option..so he
tries to kill people anyway he can.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

From he
[...]

Dude, I can assure, if I were trying to kill you (which I am not),
you'd be dead.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

"Ignoramus30780" wrote in message

I find it very distasteful to see any attempts to involve IRS into
USENET feuds.

In fact, I strongly condemn this.

I agree. It's not cool. Anyone who takes this newsgroup so seriously that
they take feuds to real life ought to reevaluate their priorities....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
SucksRangers is of that sort of low personality. Which is why he has
been in my killfile for a number of years.

That makes two of us. Don't feed the troll.

Jon

p.s. Still waiting for dog pics. Hint, hint.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:20:33 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
SucksRangers is of that sort of low personality. Which is why he has
been in my killfile for a number of years.

That makes two of us. Don't feed the troll.

Jon

p.s. Still waiting for dog pics. Hint, hint.

I lost the second one early in the week. So Ive been holding off until
I see if there are going to be any survivors of whatever killed the
first two.

The remaining 5 appear to be healthy, active and "bubbly" so Ill post
pics this weekend. Now that I know there will be survivors to adopt out.

I was VERY concerned.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
I lost the second one early in the week. So Ive been holding off
until I see if there are going to be any survivors of whatever killed
the first two.

The remaining 5 appear to be healthy, active and "bubbly" so Ill post
pics this weekend. Now that I know there will be survivors to adopt
out.

I was VERY concerned.

I can't blame you; hopefully it's limited to just those two. Looking
forward to seeing the rest of the litter.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 19:26:55 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
I lost the second one early in the week. So Ive been holding off
until I see if there are going to be any survivors of whatever killed
the first two.

The remaining 5 appear to be healthy, active and "bubbly" so Ill post
pics this weekend. Now that I know there will be survivors to adopt
out.

I was VERY concerned.

I can't blame you; hopefully it's limited to just those two. Looking
forward to seeing the rest of the litter.

Jon

Ill post them today.

Gunner, sitting in front of the puter, with two in his lap..one on its
back, the other with its head on the other ones belly..very content and
lol..one snoring

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Ill post them today.

Gunner, sitting in front of the puter, with two in his lap..one on its
back, the other with its head on the other ones belly..very content
and lol..one snoring

It doesn't get any better than that.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:30:15 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

SucksRangers is of that sort of low personality. Which is why he has
been in my killfile for a number of years. Having anything to do with
him gives me a dirty feeling and a strong urge for a hot shower with
lots of soap.

SO WHY DO IT EVERY FRACKING DODGAMMED DAY OF YOUR LIFE, FOOL?
Those of us who know and love you also hate you for your massive daily
rants with/at the fracking trolls. JUST SAY NO! and don't do it any
more, please.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 06:26:59 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Ill post them today.

Gunner, sitting in front of the puter, with two in his lap..one on its
back, the other with its head on the other ones belly..very content
and lol..one snoring

It doesn't get any better than that.

Jon

Actually..no..it doesnt G

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

SucksRangers is of that sort of low personality. Which is why he has
been in my killfile for a number of years. Having anything to do with
him gives me a dirty feeling and a strong urge for a hot shower with
lots of soap.

SO WHY DO IT EVERY FRACKING DODGAMMED DAY OF YOUR LIFE, FOOL?
Those of us who know and love you also hate you for your massive daily
rants with/at the fracking trolls. JUST SAY NO! and don't do it any
more, please.

Larry...SucksRangers is long been in my killfile.
I only post when OTHERS here respond to him.
Take it up with those that havent killfiled him.

Really.

Can you cite (1) bit of metalworking SucksRanges has EVER commented on?

Freel free to provide any cites you might find.

Sorry old friend..but.....

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

SucksRangers is of that sort of low personality. Which is why he has
been in my killfile for a number of years. Having anything to do with
him gives me a dirty feeling and a strong urge for a hot shower with
lots of soap.

SO WHY DO IT EVERY FRACKING DODGAMMED DAY OF YOUR LIFE, FOOL?
Those of us who know and love you also hate you for your massive daily
rants with/at the fracking trolls. JUST SAY NO! and don't do it any
more, please.

Larry...SucksRangers is long been in my killfile.
I only post when OTHERS here respond to him.
Take it up with those that havent killfiled him.

Really.

Can you cite (1) bit of metalworking SucksRanges has EVER commented on?

Actually, you could, if you hadn't killfiled him.

You and Larry have become two blind and deaf men holding hands while you
walk through a bramble patch.

--
Ed Huntress